ROM Hack GameConcept: Mario Table Tennis DS

yuwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mariotennis6gx.png

This is the concept I have for Mario Table Tennis. It uses almost same controls as Metroid Prime hunters. You move the paddle about using the stylus and use the L button to strike the ball.

This idea came to my head after playing some pingpong with my gf. It'd be great if someone took this concept and made it into actual homebrew.

Items can be a number of things including rocket launcher to make the ball go faster in the next serve or something. This sticks to most of the mario games. I think item boxes should be on the table randomly and as the ball bounces off the table hits the item boxes
smile.gif

yuwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it'll be different because you'll have to run around the left and right of the court. if you can instnatnly move your racket from left to right with stylus, it wouldn't be realistic
tongue.gif

Helmut

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
If I get too bored this summer, I will consider working on this concept. I was actually looking for game ideas.
If you got some other ideas, feel free to tell me
smile.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
That's a pretty neat game idea. If anyone wants to make it as a homebrew game (God knows we need some top-notch homebrew games for DS
tongue.gif
) I'd most certainly play it
smile.gif

I'd even do some graphics for it if needed.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice idea!

But I just wanted to point out that in your pic it says L button hits the ball, but you have a pic of the R button.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a very similar Table Tennis out for the Palm PDA.
Only you don’t press any button to hit the ball, just move
the paddle with the stylus & touch the ball & it automatically
hits it for you, witch works out very well. You can always
download the Demo of the game & a Palm emulator & try it
out to get some ideas.

TabletTennis3D.jpg

TableTennis3D Demo
http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?xyz=49168

Helmut

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I started working on it. It shouldn't be too difficult to do. The most difficult thing to have done, is displaying 3D on both screen (that's a problem since the DS only have one 3D renderer) but I manage to get it working, so I should start coding soon. I'll test that Palm game to look at the gameplay and ball physics.

tristen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI yuwing,

If you can master the counter-loop which comes in handy when dealing with a rough opponent teaching you on game pace control as you will know how to attack your opponent with speed when less expected. You should also master slow loops, loop kills, loop drives, fade loops and deadly sidespin hook. To master table tennis, playing skills and tips are better learnt and put into use.

Table Tennis Insturctional Videos

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd prefer a Mario Tennis like the one on the Gbc - gameplay like the Prince of Tennis games and character-building with exp points and all sorts of equipment. It'd be great to play something like that over Wi-Fi!

The idea is very nice for a homebrew anyways. Reminds I used to be a table tennis pro back in the school days...
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol