Gaming gameboy sp internal games?

aharon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
hello,
i just purchased a gameboy advanced sp and was amazed to find out there are 5000 games installed on it and that i cant use the games from the cartridge. when i turn on the gameboy, after the opening theme it shows a menu of 5000 games. i don't know how to leave the games menu and use the cartridge.

if anyone has a solution or an idea i will be grateful.

thanks.
Aharon.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i wouldn't say "fake" as in it might actually have gba hardware, but its not a real GB SP from nintendo. does the cart slot accept gba games? some of these systems from china are actually pretty fun to own. there is a gb sp version that comes complete with an SD slot and emulators for nes/snes/gbc/neo geo/gba.

-another world

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you got yourself one of these babies, but with a bonus of even MORE games! That's pretty fortunate, actually. I've heard that the battery life on those things is pitiful, however.

How much did you pay for it?

aharon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
when inserting into the cart slot a gba game, it shows an eror screen (i dont remember what it says), or reapets the opening theme in a loop or goes to the 5000 games menu. one time it did start the game.
i paid for it 350nis (95$) and didnt chek what games it had but i do recall sonic and dk.
hers some pics-
http://picasaweb.google.com/aharon.manor/5000#
similar to what geoflcl linked.

anyway i took it back to the store just now because i simply want it for the back light with old games and for playing music in dark places (nanoloop,lsdj). maybe i should just look for old gameboys with a back light installed in them.

thanks for helping.

aharon.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Some guy did a review of one of those here, and found that the 5000 were really only a couple hundred games and the list just repeated until 5000 or whatever they claim.

That was me, but it seemed my SP did play the GBA games... And that does look exactly the one I got, minus the 5000 in 1 sticker(If you go through the games you will realize it repeats). Are you able to turn it on and take pictures of the menu? Sorry for the bump...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: