1. luisf50

OP luisf50 Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I bought a Ezflash Jr but it loops ok the nintendo Logo forever with my gbp, its updated with the lastest firmware ... Any ideas? I'm using new eneloop batteries

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    That's typical on modded systems

slaphappygamer likes this.
  3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    When your power delivery is trash, stuff like this happens. Your GB Pocket needs a strong battery to work on a modded Gameboy with a flash cart. This is why GB Pockets are the only model I don't fuck with, they're too finicky and don't have any good battery mods.

Last edited by Jayro, Mar 6, 2021
    slaphappygamer likes this.
  4. B.B.Link

B.B.Link GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Get Enloop batteries or UltraCell Plus NiZn 1.6v AAA - 1150mWh High Voltage rechargeables . Should get you 4hrs of playtime.

Last edited by B.B.Link, Mar 6, 2021
    zfreeman and Jayro like this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    NiMh batteries are only 1.2V, try with some alkaline AAs or as @B.B.Link suggested, get some NiZn, just beware they need a special charger, and the battery life is maybe not as good as high end NiMhs. You can also get 1.5V li-ion AAs (they have a tiny li-ion cell inside with a voltage regulator to change 1.5 to 4.2 and vice versa) but the battery life is kinda poor because so much of the internal space is taken up by the voltage regulator circuitry. Those also need a special charger but often they come with some sort of USB charger.
    I use DMG myself and thankfully the Ezflash Jr works fine on that.

Jayro likes this.
  6. Jayro

Developer

United States
    Why can't they just make NiMh batteries at 1.5v? Is it possible? Not possible?

7. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    Not possible I think. Just like making AA batteries at different voltages isn't possible (9V batteries are just 6 AAAA cells in series... if you open one up you'll see)
    The specific chemistry is what decides the voltage. For example, li-ion/lipo batteries are always 3.7 or 3.8V but LiFePo4 (similar, yet different) are 3.2V.

8. Jayro

Developer

United States
    I've been wondering why there's no "TRUE" 5v and 6v batteries out on the market. It's pretty annoying, to say the least. It's like battery engineers and electronics engineers just aren't talking.

9. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    It's hard to come up with new battery chemistries. There's constantly research done on it, but most of it isn't viable for mass production. They kind of don't get to pick the voltage, they just have to work with what the battery chemistry naturally produces.
    You could make a battery that's connected in series internally to get a higher voltage (and there are lipo cells that do so), but it will always be a multiple of the 3.7v nominal voltage (in the case of lipo), so it doesn't really give you much control.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Mar 6, 2021
  10. Jayro

Developer

United States
    I always use 18650's for my larger projects, and can kind of control their output with a DC to DC stepdown circuit to get 5.2v out of them to power a Pi 3 or Pi 4. (2 connected in series)

zfreeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Backlight, GameBoy, Ezflash