Gameboy Micro won't boot games.

YuuB0t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm new to these forums, but I'm kinda hoping someone can help me out with my problem. I basically have a gameboy micro in excellent condition that won't boot games. I've used a contact cleaner to clean the cartridge slot, and repeated the process with multiple games I have determined to work with my DS. I have also reflown the solder points on the cartridge slot and nothing. Just to clarify it does start up with the logo, and I have rooted out any power issues. Thanks!

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could start it up with the battery in then disconnect it, but it's probably not a power issue the more I think about it. I guess the only thing left is to get out a multimeter and check for continuity starting with the cartridge slot pins, followed by capacitors.

YuuB0t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could start it up with the battery in then disconnect it, but it's probably not a power issue the more I think about it. I guess the only thing left is to get out a multimeter and check for continuity starting with the cartridge slot pins, followed by capacitors.
I'll be sure to give that a go, thanks!

YuuB0t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if anyone is still watching this thread, but I've bought another broken micro in hopes that the board works so I can just switch it with my current one. I tested for continuity around the board and everything seemed fine, though I may have missed some things since I don't exactly know where the traces travel in the board. So far I think it might just be the rom ic either not making complete contact or just simply being dead. The previous owner did say it suffered a hit (I had to replace the LCD) so I might try stacking some thermal pads to add some pressure and see if that works lol. If it does I'll probably try reflowing it later on. I'll update on that if it works.

Reactions: pDrissy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: lemme ask in forums