GameBoy Advance SP

PolskiWisnia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And does GBA have an region block? I wanna know, cause in Poland there's many USA and JPN games, but the most of the games are EUR (obviously).

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
that's one of the main reasons chargers and exterior power suppplies exist actually.
so the company can manufacturer the device that is compatible with all the different standards around the globe, by just using a different power suply.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And does GBA have an region block? I wanna know, cause in Poland there's many USA and JPN games, but the most of the games are EUR (obviously).
no, there is no region block in the gba, and even DS
only the gba movies got region block, but thoose are not games

Last edited by migles,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The videos got blocked on the GB player but as far as I know there is no way for a GBA game to tell what region it might be running on.

The DS did also see a region lock for the ique games (a China only model of DS), and technically a few games carried translations but were not active in the game (most notably one of the Advance Wars titles had Japanese onboard but did not come out in Japan but there were others).

But yes as far as I know the DS original and GBA SP both use the same 5.2V output charger, not sure what the official ones can take as inputs but that is a different matter. I certainly charged my NA GBA SP using a charger I got with my EU DS original, and said SP's charger when I went back to the US with my DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...