PolskiWisnia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello,
I have an question:
can I charge american GBA SP with european charger? It won't break?

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, you can use your charger to charge your american GBA. All chargers for the SP put out the same
voltage. The charger input voltage may vary.

PolskiWisnia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And does GBA have an region block? I wanna know, cause in Poland there's many USA and JPN games, but the most of the games are EUR (obviously).

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
that's one of the main reasons chargers and exterior power suppplies exist actually.
so the company can manufacturer the device that is compatible with all the different standards around the globe, by just using a different power suply.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And does GBA have an region block? I wanna know, cause in Poland there's many USA and JPN games, but the most of the games are EUR (obviously).
no, there is no region block in the gba, and even DS
only the gba movies got region block, but thoose are not games

Last edited by migles,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The videos got blocked on the GB player but as far as I know there is no way for a GBA game to tell what region it might be running on.

The DS did also see a region lock for the ique games (a China only model of DS), and technically a few games carried translations but were not active in the game (most notably one of the Advance Wars titles had Japanese onboard but did not come out in Japan but there were others).

But yes as far as I know the DS original and GBA SP both use the same 5.2V output charger, not sure what the official ones can take as inputs but that is a different matter. I certainly charged my NA GBA SP using a charger I got with my EU DS original, and said SP's charger when I went back to the US with my DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    nah sewing it will make it come apart more :)
    that one is pretty old
    the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all
    +1
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all +1