Hacking game via usb brick

paulwesley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I have bootmii as iso preloader and rev 14 installed. I got the game vertigo installed on a usb hd I also have 88 other games installed on the same hard drive. I am using configurable usb loader to boot the games . It runs the game vertigo just fine without any issues But when I exit the game I get system files corrupted message I have to unplug the wii and the hard drive to fix this. then everything works fine again. Yes I reinstalled preloader still does the same thing . I am going to uninstall the game .
I amjust wondering why this happened?

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
honestly, I have no idea ...
I'm guessing this only happens with vertigo?
did it happen more than once?
could it be that you set preloader's 'return to' to something that doesn't exist?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paulwesley said:
OK so I have bootmii as iso preloader and rev 14 installed. I got the game vertigo installed on a usb hd I also have 88 other games installed on the same hard drive. I am using configurable usb loader to boot the games . It runs the game vertigo just fine without any issues But when I exit the game I get system files corrupted message I have to unplug the wii and the hard drive to fix this. then everything works fine again. Yes I reinstalled preloader still does the same thing . I am going to uninstall the game .
I amjust wondering why this happened?

Does this happen with any other games?

paulwesley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it happen 1 other time with lil kings story because of a bad install of the game . I reinstalled it and its ok but yes it only seems to happen with veritgo and not all the time I believe only after a game save . lil kings story never booted at all till a reinstall .

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I read something about corrupt game saves doing that kind of stuff, I believe it was something with WII sports even... almost the same problem, if I remember correctly, but no answer there either ...

did you try reinstalling? if so, did that help anything?
maybe try getting a new .iso?

paulwesley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did reinstall it yes . with the save result . I think I will try and delete the game saves as it does save alot.

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
do you have enough free blocks? I don't know if that matters, but maybe it just gives this error because you're out of blocks?

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think being out of blocks would do it. I went way overkill installing game wads once, when i booted up, it gave me an error about free blocks. I deleted like 5 channels before the blocks went up from 0, so theres some room to spare I suppose.

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, I have no ideas left ... seems really weird, can't be the iso, right, cause then the game would probably not even load ... couldn't be the game, else there should be more info on the net ...
since it doesn't happen with other games, it can't be your usb loader, could it?
could it be a new security thing? vertigo isn't that new though, is it?

maybe someone like wiipower or anyone with more knowledge of the wii should check out this problem ...

paulwesley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it may be a glitch in the way the game for me anyway saves. installed dirt 2 this morning seems to work fine as well as the other 86 games . For now Ill just stay away from vertigo.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am using the Inteligent WBFS Manager on the PC and it has a function to CHECK INTEGRITY, it helped me to find out that rockband and wiisports had a problem, so I reinstalled both of them and now they work perfect...!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro