Hacking Game updates (Noob questions)

golanb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

I have a 4.0.0 firmware and bought lego jurassic world so i can update my firmware via cd to 5.3.2 so i can use loadline and all the goodies.

I am hosting the exploit my self on a wireless sd card so my wii u won't accidenlty update its firmware in stealth mode :-)

my question is this if I downloaded a game from a certain site and it says in the game is - loadline ready2play does it means that the game will run and won't update my firmware?

this is an example if i run super mario maker in loadline will it update my firmware to 5.4.0?

thanks all and sorry for my poor english :-)

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
It just means that a) the ISO will be decompressed and you just need to put the files in their corresponding folders or b) they'll give you the ISO with the title key and you'll need to use uwizard to extract the files. I've come across mostly with option B

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
with the hykem expliot around the corner and maybe (one can hope) emunand :)
is it safe to spoof? no way to remove the updates from the games?
Spoof is perfectly safe. It just changes a version number in a single file on your WiiU, it will not get rid of any exploits. It will allow you to use online services then too. As long as your are using the TubeHax dns, you won't get an update.

golanb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spoof is perfectly safe. It just changes a version number in a single file on your WiiU, it will not get rid of any exploits. It will allow you to use online services then too. As long as your are using the TubeHax dns, you won't get an update.
awsome! thanks! any recommended guide on how to do it?

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
awsome! thanks! any recommended guide on how to do it?
After you update to 5.3.2, use WUPinstaller to install the title spoof, you can download the title spoof from the http://wupinstaller.com page, grab the one for your region. Extract just the files, not folders, to SD:/install/, and put the card in your Wii. Run it once to exploit, and again and it will freeze at the wii menu and install.

golanb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After you update to 5.3.2, use WUPinstaller to install the title spoof, you can download the title spoof from the http://wupinstaller.com page, grab the one for your region. Extract just the files, not folders, to SD:/install/, and put the card in your Wii. Run it once to exploit, and again and it will freeze at the wii menu and install.
thanks!

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
would like to know something: I spoofed my Wii U from 5.4.0 to 5.5.1, working fine. I have most of the games as discs. I would like to play a bit Smash online, buy latest dlc... can I just update to the latest version of it via normal game update, or is it important to update smash (and other games) with WUPinstaller? Does it make a difference, when i want to start them via SD, without normal disc?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got a question as well.
My friend has a Wii U on 5.3.2 and owns Mario Kart 8 physically. He would like to update the game (not the FW of course) in order to use the 200 class. Getting an update scene release won't help as he doesn't own Smash and MK8 in Loadiine doesn't work in Mii Maker mode when updated.

So is there a way to update his (physically owned) MK8 to play it while staying on 5.3.2 to keep the ability to use Loadiine?

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would like to know something: I spoofed my Wii U from 5.4.0 to 5.5.1, working fine. I have most of the games as discs. I would like to play a bit Smash online, buy latest dlc... can I just update to the latest version of it via normal game update, or is it important to update smash (and other games) with WUPinstaller? Does it make a difference, when i want to start them via SD, without normal disc?
You can use NNU to access the e-shop and buy/download games/dlc safely, as long as you still have TubeHax DNS on. As for downloading updates, I'm not sure, I just do it through wupinstaller. But yes, you can play Smash online.

I've got a question as well.
My friend has a Wii U on 5.3.2 and owns Mario Kart 8 physically. He would like to update the game (not the FW of course) in order to use the 200 class. Getting an update scene release won't help as he doesn't own Smash and MK8 in Loadiine doesn't work in Mii Maker mode when updated.

So is there a way to update his (physically owned) MK8 to play it while staying on 5.3.2 to keep the ability to use Loadiine?
Yes. Use NUSGrabber to download the latest update and install it with WUPinstaller.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-title-installer-firmware-spoofing-5-3-2-5-4-0.397053/

Last edited by Kakkoii,
Reactions: lordelan
D

Deleted-355425

Just upgrade to 5.3.2 and the extracted games you download will work whether or not, you don't need to spoof or anything etc.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots