Game Translation patch...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Natx15, Jun 28, 2011.

Jun 28, 2011

Game Translation patch... by Natx15 at 4:32 AM (865 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Natx15
    OP

Newcomer Natx15 Member

Mexico
    Hi people ... i really have a big interest in make a patch to translate "Trauma Team" game to spanish.

But now i'm stuck. >_

2. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    Edit: Wow, I didn't read this one well. Try creating the ISO using Wiimm's ISO Tools.

wit copy x:\game.iso x:\game\

will copy every file from the game into a folder called game. Then find the file you want to replace in the folder and replace it. Make sure the filename is identical. Then use WIT again to make the new ISO.

wit copy x:\game\ x:\game-es.iso

Original post; may still be useful if your game freezes or something:
    Try editing with a different hex editor like HxD or MadEdit. Take extra care not to add text before the start of or after the end of where the text is in English. Check the header of the file (at the very beginning) and Google to see if it's a known file format. If it is you may be able to decode and re-encode the script into plain and editable text.

Perhaps the game is trying to load Spanish characters from a font that doesn't have any.

3. Natx15
    OP

Newcomer Natx15 Member

Mexico
    First, thanks for answer. n_n

Wimms make an *.iso but the game just freezes at the start of the translated scene.
    After a lot of tryes with WiiScrubber and edit files with HxD (i'm beginner on this xP) i can make the first scene shows good and completly translated but the next scene not freezes the game, only not show text or sound.

And I can see the accents are lost ... for example:

"√Čl" ... shows something like ... "|l" ...i'm stuck again. e_e

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It is a very rare event if you can use wordpad and the like in rom hacking and have it do something useful; all the stuff surrounding it is likely not junk data and programs like wordpad remove anything it does not "understand". With your hex editor change one of the words- no inserting, no shifting, no replacing anything beyond the end of the line.

By the looks of things you have an interesting format there- 2e is ASCII for fullstop but three of them in a row all the time is odd (I have not played the game so I do not know if it is there or not but it is unlikely given the context). It looks like you are going to have to learn some actual rom hacking before pushing on with this, the DS rom hacking section is likely a good start as this looks very much like the DS sees a lot of (earlier consoles tend not to see stuff quite like this).

5. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    Your post was mostly correct, FAST6191, but you made the same mistake I did. Apparently WordPad is also the name of a hex editor.