Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
GhostToast said:
i'm in the mood to play an RPG and am sort of wanting to delve into the Dragon Quest universe. I've never played a dragon quest game all the way through, and i think the only one's i've played at all were 1 or 2...possibly 3. like, the much older, simple graphic versions.

so my question is this. of the current (particularly recently released) DQ games - which comes more highly recommend? I guess it comes down to DQIV vs DQV. unless there is a better one that is somewhat recent (i just don't feel like playing something with NES graphics right now).

thoughts? thanks.

DQV.... Theres the wagon which allows recruiting of monsters as party members and you can marry one of the three girls
biggrin.gif
.... Plus I love the story.

For DQIV..... I didn't like it though some others did. You have 5 chapters to paly through, in each new chapter your level is back to lv 1 because you have a new character.

QUOTE(imqchummy @ Jun 8 2009, 11:22 PM) Genre: Action, Platformer
Exceptions: New super Mario, 3 Castlevania, Henry Hatsworth, Yoshi's island
Additional info: I don't speak japanese!

The Legendary Starfy
wub.gif

D

Deleted User

Hi
shy.gif

I'd like someone to recommend me a good side-scroller, cause I loves me them side scrollers. Something like WarioLand 4 or a Mario style game would be great.

Genre: Platformer, Action, Shooter

Exceptions:Yoshi games, NSMB, Castlevania games, Kirby, Bangai-o. (I've beat these or have tried them).

Additional info: If its homebrew, I'l give it a try as well. And Domination, back off with Starfy man!

Thanks guys

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genre: RPG/platformer
Exceptions TWEWY, FF, KH, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Sonic, Castlevania, Chronos Trigger Games, Mario & luigi Partners in Time, Starfy, Zelda, Megaman
Other additional info: Not boring, with great storyline/gameplay. Graphics dont matter. Most favorite is Action RPG, so make it the least turn-baaed or Strategy unless it's completely epic as possible. English only please.

Genre: Rhythm
Exceptions Guitar Hero Games, EBA, Ouendan games. Rythm heaven/paradise
Other additional info Just any, but preferred english

Yeah, I'm picky :c

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Burnedmagix said:
Exceptions TWEWY, FF, KH, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Sonic, Castlevania, Chronos Trigger Games, Mario & luigi Partners in Time, Starfy, Zelda, Megaman
Other additional info: Not boring, with great storyline/gameplay. Graphics dont matter. Most favorite is Action RPG, so make it the least turn-baaed or Strategy unless it's completely epic as possible. English only please.

RPG: Your "FF", does it include FFCC games? If not, go try them. And Avalon Code, a refreshing new concept in an ARPG game. And of course the Rune Factory games. Farming and ARPG together.

Platformer: Mario duh, you didn't mentioned it. And Henry Hatsworth, hybrid between puzzle and platformer.

And sorry I dun play rhythm games, I suck at them.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Burnedmagix said:

Genre: Rhythm
Exceptions Guitar Hero Games, EBA, Ouendan games. Rythm heaven/paradise
Other additional info Just any, but preferred english

Yeah, I'm picky :c

RPG - Suikoden Tierkreis (if you can survive the voice acting you will learn it's an addictive and awesome game)

Rhythm - The only game you didn't mention is Daigasso! Band Brothers series (it's in Japanese so you might need a translation). Also there's homebrew with good choices like VideoGame Hero and DsDsR.

Kabukistar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Request:
I'm looking for a game that takes place in high school, or deals with high school life. It would be even better, if it were an adventure/mystery game (something in the vein of the Phoenix Wright series).

Time Hollow fits this bill, but I've already played it. Anyone have any other recommendations?

Neku_Sakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genre: Action & Adventure
Exceptions: KH, FF, Suikoden Tiekriss, and lame side scrollers
Other Info: Well I have been searching for games that will keep me busy for a solid month so that may help to.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Neku_Sakuraba said:
Genre: Action & Adventure
Exceptions: KH, FF, Suikoden Tiekriss, and lame side scrollers
Other Info: Well I have been searching for games that will keep me busy for a solid month so that may help to.
both of megaman zx series, avalon code, does the ff includes crystal chronicles
oh and for kabukistar
try lux pain(the main characther is in high school)

chaospker98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GenreRPG
ExpectationThe World Ends With You
Other Additional InfoI'd like an RPG with not an INSANE amount of random battles. A cool soundtrack would be nice. Also an anime style would be nice too.

Thanks

SasukeTBITW

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Albania
chaospker98 said:
GenreRPG
ExpectationThe World Ends With You
Other Additional InfoI'd like an RPG with not an INSANE amount of random battles. A cool soundtrack would be nice. Also an anime style would be nice too.

Thanks
CONCERNING ANIMEs AND RPGs THESE ARE THE ONES THAT GOT MY ATENTION
Try Naruto RPG 2 and DRAGONBALL KAI SAYAJIN RAISHUU if you don't mind japanese
but if you want english there's NARUTO PATH OF NINJA SERIES

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Those are anime games, not anime-styled games to be precise.

If you want anime styled RPGs.

ARPG: Avalon Code. Rune Factory 1/2 (Harvest Moon with ARPG factors)

Turn Based Battles RPG: Suikoden Tierkreis (kind of), Shin Megami Tensei (TB battles, but SRPG grid movement)

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Domination said:
Turn Based Battles RPG: Suikoden Tierkreis (kind of), Shin Megami Tensei (TB battles, but SRPG grid movement)

To be honest, I think Devil Survivor is strictly a Strategy RPG. Why? 'Cause it's no different to any other SRPG where you move a unit and select an attack for them to use (just like in FFTA2, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, Disgaea DS and a bunch of others). The only real difference is that you select attacks for three people rather than just one and that, if you choose your attacks wisely, you get to attack a second time. It's basically an SRPG like FFTA2 with a few differences that make it stand out from the crowd.

@above Definitely pick up this game. It's bloody incredible. Well worth any DS owner's money.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Genre RPG
Exceptions FinalFantasy III, IV. Already tried: Avalon Code, Suikoden Tierkris, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest A few more but can't remember
Other additional infoI wants one~. I have tried multiple ones, but their story lines aren't good. I play the games for a while, and then I just get bored. But the only games that got my playing were Final Fantasy III and IV.

So far, those are the only games I am looking for. But then again, here's something else:

Genre Multiplayer (xDD. Doubt it is a Genre)
Exceptions MarioKart, Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Jump! Ultimate Stars Already tried: Mario Party DS, Jump Super Stars
Other additional infoYay multiplayer! Just so that, if I go to places, I can enjoy a game with a few friends. Has to have download play.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Splych said:
Genre RPG
Exceptions FinalFantasy III, IV. Already tried: Avalon Code, Suikoden Tierkris, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest A few more but can't remember
Other additional infoI wants one~. I have tried multiple ones, but their story lines aren't good. I play the games for a while, and then I just get bored. But the only games that got my playing were Final Fantasy III and IV.

Wow you played a lot..... Well, try Black Sigil. May be hectic, but old school, kinda like CT. And.... Pokemon? Not in your list. Oh and the Mario Luigi RPG, suprisingly fun. And theres Dokapon Journey, its a board game based RPG.

So far, those are the only games I am looking for. But then again, here's something else:

Genre Multiplayer (xDD. Doubt it is a Genre)
Exceptions MarioKart, Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Jump! Ultimate Stars Already tried: Mario Party DS, Jump Super Stars
Other additional infoYay multiplayer! Just so that, if I go to places, I can enjoy a game with a few friends. Has to have download play.

Go to the multiplayers essentials list
tongue.gif
. I'm not really sure about download play though. So maybe otehrs can recommedn some.

But then Bleach: Blade of Fate is good and has download play.

I'm not sure about download play for these games since I don't use it, but I liked them.The ones I have played are Dokapon Journey since its board game styled. And of course Bomberman 2 on classic battle mode. And Call of Duty. Not bad, the game. Also, if you liked Mario Kart, try My Sims Racing. Quite simillar, but with plenty of customization.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A few more I can't remember... Haha. Pokemon fits in there. I tried the Mario Luigi Partners in Time, but waiting for the RPG to come to NA. Don't wanna spoil anything for myself
wink.gif

Bomberman 2. I gotta get that. I used to have it on my DS, but took it off since I reformatted without backing up. All shooting games IMO have bad graphics on handheld consoles. So I prefer to play them on the consoles a home. PC, 360, PS3 and Wii.

Thanks for the help
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols