Gaming Game Suggestions

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the other thread "Post your questions about which flashcart to get" seemed to work pretty well
so im sure many of us are tired of the peeps who keep making new threads about which games they should play, or what the best games of this certain genre are.
maybe a thread for recommendations will clear that up a bit more

i also came up with a simple format:

CODE
Genre eg. action, adventure, etc.

Exceptions (games you already have played of that genre, or are not interested in)
Other additional info (extra info that we should know to help recommend games to you)

also, make sure you quote whoever youre going to recommend a game to
or otherwise it will be messy and unorganized

p.s. i hope this works >.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Not a bad idea... although hopefully this won't get sticky'd. Noobs NEVER read the stickies, so they'll probably ignore this and make a "Recommend me xxxx game..." thread.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah agreed.
i dont even notice the stickies, even though theyre at the top..
(so mods, no need to sticky)

also, its gonna be a problem to keep this thread "bumped" i guess
cuz other threads might push it down and peeps just start posting new threads about which game to get again.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
So to clarify you want people to post here about recommends and for people recommending. they need to quote the person asking? is that right? coz like i see you've both been on this forum for a long time but i found myself slightly confused by your explaination in the first box coz of all the code stuff.

But if iv got this right the people asking should post something like this...

Genre: Im looking for a horror/scary game
Exceptions: Not dementium coz i tried that and thought it sucked , and not theresia coz im currently playing that
Other Info: Preferably something that has scary momments in like silent hill , dead space. games that invoke fear

And people who know of such a game would quote ME specifically with the reply? and not just post the reply?

Sorry for being such a noob but like i said i found your first explaination a bit over complicated oh and the EG i gave is actually my request coz im looking for a scary game.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terenigma said:
So to clarify you want people to post here about recommends and for people recommending. they need to quote the person asking? is that right? coz like i see you've both been on this forum for a long time but i found myself slightly confused by your explaination in the first box coz of all the code stuff.

But if iv got this right the people asking should post something like this...

Genre: Im looking for a horror/scary game
Exceptions: Not dementium coz i tried that and thought it sucked , and not theresia coz im currently playing that
Other Info: Preferably something that has scary momments in like silent hill , dead space. games that invoke fear

And people who know of such a game would quote ME specifically with the reply? and not just post the reply?

Sorry for being such a noob but like i said i found your first explaination a bit over complicated oh and the EG i gave is actually my request coz im looking for a scary game.
yeah sorry, my explanation wasnt that clear to you.
and yes, people need to quote the person they are recommending. like i am quoting you.

hmm. theres actually not a lot of horror games because the DS is supposed to target kids
so you've basically covered half of the games lol
theres Resident Evil and also Touch the Dead
and a few japanese games like Miteha Ikenai or Nanashi no gemu (if you can read Japanese i mean)

Silly_dude17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I like Adventure,simulation/Stratergy and puzzle games
No Exceptions
I like games that you have to realy think about Puzzles or how to accomplish tasks as effeciently as possble

kaizer ryo

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Silly_dude17 said:
No Exceptions
I like games that you have to realy think about Puzzles or how to accomplish tasks as effeciently as possble

I only have one game i'm gonna recommend to you.Avalon Code

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Silly_dude17 said:
No Exceptions
Try Professor Layton and the Curious Village, you might find it fun, I really enjoyed it..It's like an adventure with bunch of classical puzzles (very interesting puzzles)..

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yay, now I don't need to make anymore threads~! You should also add all the types of Genres. Then people will select one etc.

Genre Tactic
Exceptions FFTA2, Disgaea DS, All Age of Empire games for DS
Other additional info Looking for a tactic turn based game. At the moment, I have beaten those Turnbased games, and have been looking for a new one to play.

==

Genre RPG, Action
Exceptions Soma Bringer (Translated in English)
Other additional info Probably want one that is like Soma Bringer. I would want the game to be released in North America or at least has a translation patch (Translation Almost Done, So close to 100% completion)

==

Genre Action
Exceptions Jump! Ultimate Stars (Translated in English), Jump! Super Stars
Other additional info A game like this. Since it is multiplayer and reminds me of SSB, I am looking for similar games.

==

I got lots, but want to know some good ones ^^

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol at how this got stickied.
I suggest that you de-sticky the other anti-suggestion thread and keep this one, because this one is far superior.

Genre Turnbased RPG
Exceptions Final Fantasy, DQ, Etrian 1+2
Other additional info Looking for a good turnbased RPG that's a little different from the normal pick. I just downloaded MWMW and am loving it. Any other suggestions?

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm only double posting so my question doesn't get mixed with my suggestion

QUOTE said:
Yay, now I don't need to make anymore threads~! You should also add all the types of Genres. Then people will select one etc.

Genre Tactic
Other additional info Looking for a tactic turn based game. At the moment, I have beaten those Turnbased games, and have been looking for a new one to play.
FRONT MISSION
Probably my favorite Tatical RPG on the Ds along with FFTA2. You play a linear campaign, with mechs as your soldiers. They are fully customizable (body, legs, arms, heads), and the game has an awesome SNES feel to it. The touch controls are perfect, and the graphics are beautiful.

QUOTEGenre Action
Other additional info A game like this. Since it is multiplayer and reminds me of SSB, I am looking for similar games.
You said that you had lots, but I'm going out on a limb and hoping that you haven't played either of the Bleach (fighting) games yet. Great multiplayer, but not so much like SSB. The combo system is beginner friendly, and linehopping makes the 4 player battles a lot better.

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Splych said:
Genre Tactic

Have you tried advance wars? It's probably the only one that kept my attention for more than 5 minutes. Didn't like Front Mission that much, but eh what are you going to do? The third bleach game was apparently very good turn base, but unfortunately there's no English translation (well at least not a good one...)

Splych said:
Genre Action

I would also love to hear some recommendations for this. Never liked JUS that much, the gameplay just felt poor. Bleach is good, but nothing like the fun of multiplayer SSB, it can also be a bit laggy (even on local)

Dwight said:
Genre Turnbased RPG
Exceptions Final Fantasy, DQ, Etrian 1+2
Other additional info Looking for a good turnbased RPG that's a little different from the normal pick. I just downloaded MWMW and am loving it. Any other suggestions?

Any of those released in the last few weeks are fairly good. In my opinion you can't top getting the SNES emulator and booting up some old classics like Earthbound (Best TB-RPG ever!). Hmm... Chrono Trigger maybe? (The port, not the SNES game
tongue.gif
)

QUOTE(Splych @ Mar 22 2009, 05:59 AM)
Genre RPG, Action
Other additional info Probably want one that is like Soma Bringer. I would want the game to be released in North America or at least has a translation patch (Translation Almost Done, So close to 100% completion)

Never played Soma Bringer so I wouldn't be able to tell you on that. Dragon Ball Origins was a very fun action cross RPG game, as was Avalon Code. Once again the old classics on the SNES wouldn't be half bad to boot up.

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Splych said:
Genre Tactic

try VP Valkyrie Profile. I only play a bit myself (been busy with suikoden, so addictive) but i think it is a good game, remind me of FFTA2.

QUOTE(Splych @ Mar 22 2009, 04:59 AM) Genre RPG, Action

Well, suikoden is not exactly like soma bringer but it is very good and the graphic is amazing.

agony

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I need some suggestion.

Genre Casual puzzles/ item search games
Exceptions Picross, new york times crossword, zoo keeper, peggle, touch master, Mystery Case Files: Millionheir (?), Puyo Pop Fever
Other additional info I want short puzzle games that I can finish under 30 minutes.

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
agony said:
I need some suggestion.

Exceptions Picross, new york times crossword, zoo keeper, peggle, touch master, Mystery Case Files: Millionheir (?), Puyo Pop Fever
Other additional info I want short puzzle games that I can finish under 30 minutes.

Try Professor Layton and the Curious Village.
Also the new 3D picross if u dont mind japanese

agony

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Edragon said:
agony said:
I need some suggestion.

Try Professor Layton and the Curious Village.
Also the new 3D picross if u dont mind japanese

Now that you mention it, I realise I have not played Prof Layton. Will probably try the 3D picross as well.

nemt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning to pick up a DS this week and I've already picked out a few games that really appeal to me. If anyone has some other suggestions I'd appreciate it!

Genre: I like many types of games, but the DS titles that interest me most tend to be adventure and rpgs. I also like the simple hidden image games, I tried Mystery Case Files on someone else's DS and loved it.
Exceptions/Additional info: Here are the games I'm already planning on getting- Elite Beat Agents, Feel the Magic: XY/XX, GTA Chinatown Wars, Hotel Dusk, Izuna, Luminous Arc, Lunar Knights, Mystery Case Files, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Trauma Center, The World Ends with You,

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Woo that's a pretty open ended request
tongue.gif
I never liked the hidden image games so I couldn't tell you. I haven't play too many strategy RPGs or anything like that - however I have played a few adventure RPGs that I really liked, namely:

- Dragon Ball Origins.
- Mario and Luigi Partners in time.
- Elebits (surprisingly fun once you get passed the childishy element.).

Just remember the few games that are almost a necessity on a flash card in my opinion (mostly for the multiplayer, but also cause they are pick up and plays to kill some time):

- Mario Kart DS
- Metroid Prime
- N+

.. Sure it's an opinion, but they are the only 3 games that have remained on my flash cart since I put them on (which is pretty incredibly considering I try a lot of games, and only have a 1 gb microSD card).

Oh! Time Hollow - thats a good mystery game
tongue.gif

agony

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hidden object games and rpgs? Alright!

Excellent choice for mystery case file. Other games similar to MCF include Cate West: The Vanishing Files, Mystery PI and Amazing Adventures.

I personally do not like Mystery PI (I played it right after MCF I suppose it set too high a standard). Cate West, on the other hand, is not totally a hidden object game. It also has some other mini games, such as spotting the difference. Do remember to use the Zoom function!

Have not play Amazing Adventures so no comments on that.

And if you like spot the difference, may I suggest to get Unou no Tatsujin Soukai Machigai Museum 2? It's the best game for that genre ever.

For strategy RPG, you must get Fire emblem. Try also Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. It's an addictive mix of RPG and bejewel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like to interact with my smut ok