Game Sequels that NEED to be Made

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by BloodWolfJW, Sep 11, 2011.

Sep 11, 2011
  1. BloodWolfJW
    OP

Member BloodWolfJW Marotheit

United States
    Obviously, there are games that need a sequel, but what's your 3 picks?

Mine are:

1.) Beyond Good and Evil - That was a huge cliff hanger at the end, and they planned to make a second, but where is it???
    2.) The World Ends With You - That game was just so well received, how could they not make a second? More twist please, though [​IMG]
    3.) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - NOTE: Skyward Sword isn't a sequel. While I do want to try it out, I'd rather have a sequel...even if it's...Majora's Mask style [​IMG]

By the way, if this has already been made, can it be closed and can I get a link to it?

2. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    I agree with you about TWEWY, I think once they finish up Kingdom Hearts 3 that will be the next one out.

3. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm probably alone on this, but I'd love Super Mario Sunshine 2 for Wii U or 3DS.

If you're talking about a game that really does deserve a sequel, Ice Climber 2 is long overdue.

4. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I would hope nobody thought this to begin with. None of the games are truly direct sequels except for Majora's Mask that created a timeline split at that point. Skyward Sword is the super prequel to the series though, taking place before the earliest set Legend of Zelda game. Regardless, I'm sure the Twilight Princess line will be continued eventually, like the Wind Waker line was continued with the two DS installments.

By the by, the entire LoZ series is related in one grand timeline. In the long run, I suppose everything is a sequel if you can figure out the order of it all without the help of the creator of the series himself.

5. DrOctapu

Member DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    Mother 3, TWEWY and Gravity Bone.

6. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    TWEWY. Still has one of my favorite combat systems ever. So fun, well done and pretty massive. Great story too. Though I think it might be difficult to make a new one considering the circumstances that surrounding what made TWEWY much longer then the normal 1 week.

Tales of Vesperia. It actually ended on a satisfying, but open ending. I could easily see a second game popping up and being awesome.

Valkyria Chronicles. I hope we see 3 ported...and it'd be cool if they continued the series as well. It's amazing.

Mega Man X. This series needs REAL sequels after 6. No crappy network whatever shit, not the travesty 3D crap they tried with 7/8, not ZX. A real, solid, MMX game to add to the series.

Eternal Sonata. Maybe it's just me, but I loved ES and would love to see a sequel. The world was really fun and awesome. I loved how everything was music related. I enjoyed the combat system, and the story was interesting to follow. I would love to see a second game that was at least similar.

Can't think of much else right now off the top of my head, since most games I wanna name are getting sequels.

7. deathking

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    TERRANIGMA

8. Fyrus

Member Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

France
    It's also said that Legend of Zelda/Adventure of Link and Four Swords/Four Swords Adventure are directly related and share the same Link.

As for a game ... I'd like a new Skies of Arcadia

9. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Dungeon Keeper 2
    Rollcage
    Age of Empires 3
    Revolt
    THPS 4 (can actually see this happen soon)
    Evil Genius 2
    And probably a whole lot of other games I just forgot.

10. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Vanquish.

But that will never happen.

11. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    MechWarrior.

Terra Nova.

12. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Star Wars Battlefront.

I loved those 2 games, one of my fav 1st/3rd persons EVER.

13. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    TimeSplitters needs a bloody sequel.

14. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I think GT made a pretty good Top 10 Necessary Sequels.

My most wanted sequel is Shenmue III, since Shenmue I&II are my favourite games of all time. I also think it would be nice, if SEGA would also make a new game in the Panzer Dragoon series.

15. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    Portal 3. Seriously, if they stop making Portal I might die.

16. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Dont worry.
    They are gonna let you use portal guns in HL3.
    And theres a lot more DLC for portal 2 to come.

Real spoiler:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

17. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Let me add "Little Big Adventure 2" to those two titles, and everything will be perfect.

18. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Phantom Hourglass is a sequel to Wind Waker, actually. Although it's terrible so we don't talk about it.

And why do we need sequels (sequels, not new games) to Zelda games? They're hardly champions of story telling and as much as I enjoyed Twilight Princess (answer is five times), I don't see a need for a sequel unless they're like "OH SHIT MIDNA'S BACK". Otherwise it had sorta a samey plot (Princess kidnapped by Ganondorf, I COULD NOT HAVE SEEN THAT COMING) and sorta samey characters (meaning they're very light on them) than the other Zelda games. Only thing that was different was a bit darker atmosphere which I enjoyed but it feels that riding on that twice is just pulling it out of your ass.

Since most games I wanted to have sequels are getting them (Mass Effect, Dragon Age), I'll throw my hat in for No More Heroes 3. NMH2 didn't really cut it for me. It felt kinda lazy. Instead of fixing the flaws with the first game (open world aspects and repetition) they either abandoned them altogether (open world) or didn't bother fixing them at all (repetition). I wish a third game would come together that fixes every issue with the first game, the second really didn't have additions I enjoyed (grinding mini games for cash was incredibly boring).

EDIT: I also want sequels to flawed games. Like Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II. AC had good concepts but in the end was full of a lot of flaws to keep it from being great. Then ACII came around, fixed all the flaws, added a bunch of cool stuff, and just made an awesome game. Then Brotherhood took ACII and improved upon it, which is what I found really enjoyable in Brotherhood (they also didn't skimp on a good single player now in favor of a new and popular online game).

19. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I picked up Pikman the other day and i know there is a second one out there, but man i'd love to see another one. I think having it on the 3DS would be great. you could use the stylus or whatnot.

20. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Pulseman needs a sequel, or at least a revival.

Megaman 10

Super Mario Sunshine

Ristar

Megaman Legends 2 (I'm never letting this go, deal with it)

The Legacy of Kain series needs a true ending... it's obvious that it wasn't supposed to end when it did.

Urban Chaos (not the FPS...)

You're fucking crazy. Phantom Hourglass was a great game.