Gaming Game recommendations?

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An oddball suggestion from me is one of the Transformers games. For a movie-turned-game game, it's not really that bad. A little free roam, and as a Decepticon you can freely engage the military and get experience that way apart from missions. 3D, graphics are okay at best, and it's not really that bad of a game I guess. *shrugs* It kept me occupied surprisingly enough.

Definitely definitely definitely get Meteos. The original, not the Disney one. Best action puzzle game the DS in my opinion and I'm proud to legally own the cart too. =P It has potentially infinite replay value since you can't really be done with the game apart from maxing out your Deluge score, and getting maxed on your elements too...

The original Sonic Rush is great for a Sonic game, it's 2D with 3D models, and the game is pretty fast. And hey, if you liked Sonic 2's special stages, you're going to be faced with those again! The touchscreen is really only used for that part, so you're free to play the game like a regular title.

Super Mario 64 DS is pretty good even if you've played the hell out of the original like I have. You do have to play as the other characters at times (to get certain stars now as well as to do the different cap effects) but if you can get used to the controls (a run button?!) you'll enjoy the game for a long while.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
An oddball suggestion from me is one of the Transformers games. For a movie-turned-game game, it's not really that bad. A little free roam, and as a Decepticon you can freely engage the military and get experience that way apart from missions. 3D, graphics are okay at best, and it's not really that bad of a game I guess. *shrugs* It kept me occupied surprisingly enough.

Definitely definitely definitely get Meteos. The original, not the Disney one. Best action puzzle game the DS in my opinion and I'm proud to legally own the cart too. =P It has potentially infinite replay value since you can't really be done with the game apart from maxing out your Deluge score, and getting maxed on your elements too...

The original Sonic Rush is great for a Sonic game, it's 2D with 3D models, and the game is pretty fast. And hey, if you liked Sonic 2's special stages, you're going to be faced with those again! The touchscreen is really only used for that part, so you're free to play the game like a regular title.

Super Mario 64 DS is pretty good even if you've played the hell out of the original like I have. You do have to play as the other characters at times (to get certain stars now as well as to do the different cap effects) but if you can get used to the controls (a run button?!) you'll enjoy the game for a long while.
Sonic Rush Adventure was more enjoyable then Sonic Rush.Yet again they both suck since the sonic franchise is dead!

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First things first. Get some kind of screen protection for the touch screen.

Then get Elite Beat Agents, and both original Ouendan games.

Enjoy the crap out of them, and see for yourself why screen protectors are so worthwhile. You should see how my unprotected screen looks.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xCuteBunnyx said:
Vampire Hunter D said:
I'm going to throw a random title out just to be funny about this.

Point Blank DS

It has the maps of the earlier PB games the PSX/2 had, and some more. It's pretty decently challenging trying to do all the objectives and it tracks various stats like those brain trainers do. Game got a piss poor allocation for retail so it could be a little annoying to find if you buy, but if you're warezin' it...no biggie.

What's point blank DS?
Whats it like? Sounds like a nice game title...

Namco-Bandai Games title, very low distro stupidly on their part as a 'tester' and by usual beancounter standards since it didn't sell through completely it didn't get many more made. Fact was it had no advertising, was delayed a lot, then moved up silently and released it was screwed.

http://www.namcobandaigames.com/games/pointblankds/
(here's the jp site with a lot of pics, lots... http://namco-ch.net/gunbulletrainer/stage/index.php )

That's some shots, info from the homepage by them. Basically do a wiki for 'Point Blank (game)' and you'll find it is a long standing arcade/playstation1+2 GUNCON game where you get a much of mini target shoots with objectives (shoot this, avoid that) and you get points based on accuracy/speed/clearing/not blasting the no-nos. The DS version has all the minigames of the earlier Point Blank titles in one. It also houses digital versions of their arcade games of wack an alligator, shooting little aliens that pull back crates, skeet shooting, and one other. Game has vs mode (1 card only needed), arcade, a 'brain age' like thing, a museum(those other 4 games) and other little bits. If you can find one at a gamestop they're like $12 now but it's worth every penny and more if you can find it as it's a rare distro title.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm mad at quite a few people. Tons of people told me that Point Blank DS sucks, but I love archery-style games like that = =;

Thank you for the link and short review, I shall now obtain this.

Gigatos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First post!
yaynds.gif

Anyway, I've been playing DS since release and have finished most of the following games. Now I'm really looking for recommendations for:

What else I should play before shelving the DS?
Is there any new games to look forward to this year?
Japanese games with translation patches to keep my DS in my bag for some more time?

Anyawy, here's my list:

Advance Wars both games
Bleach
Castlevania
Diddy Kong Racing (man the balloon popping was annoying)
DK Jungle Climber
DQ: Rocket Slime
Elite Beat Agents (had pirates + YMCA = win)
FF 12
Glory Days
Gunpey
Geometry Wars
Kirby
Luminous Arc (only 1/2 way through)
Lunar Knights
Mario & Luigi
Mario vs. DK 2
Mega Man both games
Meteos (my fav bedtime game)
Metroid Prime
Nanostray 1/2
Super Mario 2 games
Picross
Prof. Layton
Puzzle Quest
Rondo of Swords
Sonic Rush Adventure
Spidey 3
Star Fox
Monkey Ball
Zelda (my gf loves this game)
The World Ends with you
Trauma Center
Worms 1
Yoshi Games

Whew, I love this console, please tell me:

What else I should play before shelving the DS?
Is there any new games to look forward to this year?
Japanese games with translation patches to keep my DS in my bag for some more time?

Thanks =)

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well...you can try the two Ouendan games (liked the second better). That is...if you haven't played those yet. Plus, the Attorney series has always been a favorite...(well I liked it...) Soma Bringer's a bit obvious...the translation patch isn't finished yet but you can see that there is visible progress there. Plus, there is Hadrian's list to look at for the latest games. He releases one every week I think so you might like to check on that. I myself am excited over Summon Night: Twin Age.
biggrin.gif
I hope that's helpful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."