Game Pak error

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MarioMan181, Sep 13, 2010.

Sep 13, 2010

Game Pak error by MarioMan181 at 10:01 PM (4,333 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. MarioMan181
    OP

Newcomer MarioMan181 Advanced Member

United States
    What does game pak error mean? When I load a classic Nes game on the visual boy advance emulator, the screen shows "game pak error". How do I fix this? Does anyone know?

2. MarioMan181
    OP

United States
    Also, does the emulator on the wii allow these games to be played. Or is it the same thing as a regular emulator on the computer?

3. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    As I remember, there's some kind of issues with those (not sure why you don't just use an actual NES ROM). There's patches here for Zelda. Also, you could try using something like GBATA to save patch it and see if that's the issue.

4. MarioMan181
    OP

United States
    It still doesn't work. Ok, I had enough.

If anyone knows how to fix this or can send a message to the person who created this emulator to fix this issue on classic NES games. I understand he is busy and does amazing cool stuff for the wii. But he needs to find a way to fix this.

If anyone has his contact email or some form of communication. Please let me know.

For now I will play the classic nes on the regular nes emulator with the original games. (I only wanted to test to see if the game worked or not on this emulator but I guess not.)

If anyone else knows how to fix this or has a patch I can use. Please send them to me.

5. Knyaz Vladimir

Member Knyaz Vladimir 3DS Hacker

Canada
    Why don't you just get the original NES roms instead? This would save you a lot of time (and space)

6. MarioMan181
    OP

United States
    That is what I am doing right now. I just wanted to test the classic nes to see if they worked. Nothing else.