Game Gear

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by rich333, Mar 1, 2010.

Mar 1, 2010

Game Gear by rich333 at 2:12 AM (692 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. rich333

Member rich333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2009
    Hi, I have been using Apprentice Minus for Game Gear games because you can make the screen larger (same ratio)....

Are there any other Gamegear emulators that can do this? because when made larger it looks very pixely and nowhere near ans nice as when its not made larger. I've noticed other emulators have a 'smoothing' type of function which can be used when making the the game screen larger (lameboy, etc)

gamegear graphics are better than mastersystem, but on ds the mastersystems games play better due to the full screen quality. i dont get how this all works. if you play Gamegear games on the Wii the are smaller (screen size) than the mastersystem games but still much larger that the tiny ds screen and they look fine on the TV....

EDIT: sorry if the thread title is misleading
  2. sethirion

Newcomer sethirion Advanced Member

Nov 16, 2008
    United States
    Since the emulator on Wii does not scale the Game Gear it is as the same aspect as the portable LCD it had.

The Sega Master System was a console (not a handheld) thus making it native for a TV resolution (or "size").

Maybe these are the reasons they look smaller or better on some emulators.

You could look at EmuWiki to check the emulators. I though DSMasterPlus played those two backups.