Game Cube region help

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by MSilva, Aug 31, 2009.

Aug 31, 2009

Game Cube region help by MSilva at 4:59 PM (641 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. MSilva
    OP

Newcomer MSilva Newbie

United States
    Hi,

I played Game Cube for many years until the reader/canon stopped working (about 2 years ago) and I decided not to fix it... Last week, an aunt has travelled to Europe and bought me a new Cube, so I was felling on replaying my old games... Well, but my games don't play in the EUR Game Cube

Here in Brasil, the TV system is PAL (same as on Europe), why it doesn't play? [​IMG]

A heard about a freeloader CD, but can't manage to find it for sale here in Brazil, only for Wii... And I haven't find it for downloading

1- So I kept searching, and I found a program WiiUI, here in this forum, that is sayd to convert from different areas... All my games are original, so can I use they to use as if it was a backup, but playing with the area-converted CD?

2- If not, whats the best modchip for Came Cube? (I will not re-buy all my original games)

3- There is any other way to play games from different regions on Cube that I haven't find out?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo Silva

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Brazilian gamecubes aren't the same as euro ones. They output pal-m (not pal like the euro ones) and have a few other changes, I guess the region code is also different as your games aren't playing. Anyway onto the questions

1)No
    2)Meh, all do pretty much the same, so just get which ever is cheapest.
    3)Chip or freeloader, that's pretty much it I think.

Gamecube freeloader is still sold, so I'd try to find one of them.

3. MSilva
    OP

Newcomer MSilva Newbie

United States
    I tought it was unified, since I've heard our PAL-M was from germany, I think

As I said, I can't find freeloader anywhere [​IMG] some of stores who work with videogames doesn't even heard of it.. And on MercadoLivre (sort of Ebay) where all sold out... I'll try one more time, but I think I'll have to go for the modchip

Thankyou very much, Armadillo [​IMG]