Game Controller Mapping.

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by pwsincd, Feb 2, 2014.

1. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Ive stumbled upon an old pc gamepad in a box in the loft .. anyways ive downloaded an app called JoytoKey and it allows me to config no probs in digital mode. The pad has an analog toggle button , when i use this with this app it seems im unable to config the Z axis an rotation of the analog stick , does anyone have a better app for this...

An app for analog gamepad to keyboard input needed . Basically.

2. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

You could try searching for an older version of Xpadder before it went paid-only, there are probably some floating around on the internet that shouldn't be too hard to find. That's what I use for binding controllers to keys and mouse inputs.

3. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    I and my brother use Joy2Key without any issues, and have done so for years now (barring having to use x360ce when a shitty PC port expects any gamepad detected to be a 360 controller).

Have you checked the options in your Joy2Key to see if you can enable the missing axis? Also, sometimes the axis isn't called an axis in the settings, so a little experimentation might be in order for you. You can make all the sliders and switches and pressures and doodads to different keyboard inputs, open Notepad, and see if your missing axis responds as one of those other names.

4. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    i did begin to look Celice , however a friendly BT gave me xpadder and it has worked a treat , thatnks , sicklyboy .. I had heard of that app before .. just forgot it like many other things . Thanks All sorted.!

Magsor and Sicklyboy like this.