Hacking Game cartridge doesn't work after downgrade

Luxrayss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I done a downgrade on my Switch from 11.0.0 to 10.0.2 with nand backup, and now Atmosphere crashes when I put a game cartridge, is there a way to fix it without updating the switch again?

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I done a downgrade on my Switch from 11.0.0 to 10.0.2 with nand backup, and now Atmosphere crashes when I put a game cartridge, is there a way to fix it without updating the switch again?
This is unavoidable, because you burnt 11.0.0 gamecard controller fuses.

You can never use gamecards on < 11.0.0 again.

11.0.0 updated the gamecart controller firmware (burning fuses in it).

You have to set nogc = 0 (or choose to burn your fuses to 11.x) to use gamecards, correspondingly.

The protection is there because once you run 11.x gc firm, you can never use gc on lower firmware.

Last edited by OblivionReign,

Luxrayss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh no
Ok ty ^^ I'll just way the full release of the new version of atmosphere...
Or can I just update it already?
A friend said that sigpatches wasn't working

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh no
Ok ty ^^ I'll just way the full release of the new version of atmosphere...
Or can I just update it already?
A friend said that sigpatches wasn't working
Sig patches are working but barely but you don't have to wait for Michael for that they are third party he doesn't build atmosphere around those because he doesn't support piracy.

Atmosphere works fine with a few issues here and there.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sig patches are working but barely but you don't have to wait for Michael for that they are third party he doesn't build atmosphere around those because he doesn't support piracy.

Atmosphere works fine with a few issues here and there.
What do you mean "but barely"? What doesn't work? I have no issues. Games with online options crash if wifi is turned on (but this was the case for me on the last releases as well, and I'm not even upgraded to 11 yet). Turning on airplane mode allows those games to run just fine. I haven't verified yet, but nx-ovlloader might have been causing crashes when trying to load skyrim with mods (whereas there was no crash under SX), but that also might be one of the overlays I was using that causes the crash.

Luxrayss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do you mean "but barely"? What doesn't work? I have no issues. Games with online options crash if wifi is turned on (but this was the case for me on the last releases as well, and I'm not even upgraded to 11 yet). Turning on airplane mode allows those games to run just fine. I haven't verified yet, but nx-ovlloader might have been causing crashes when trying to load skyrim with mods (whereas there was no crash under SX), but that also might be one of the overlays I was using that causes the crash.
Oh boi, so it's better for me to not update just yet, cuz I have mods on my skyrim

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boi, so it's better for me to not update just yet, cuz I have mods on my skyrim
The mods work fine. I just had to remove stuff out of the contents folder. I'm almost positive that the issue is either with ovlloader, or one of the overlays I had running, like sys-clk or something (I gave up on themes, so there was none installed. Themes don't react well to firmware upgrades at all, and are the cause of most "black screen" boot attempts after an upgrade)...

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free