Hacking Game Boy SP AGS-101 backlit + EZ-Flash IV cartridge not working

cocotxo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I have a problem and have come if someone can help me.

recently bought a Game Boy SP AGS-101 backlit.
The console works fine, no problems. But when I try to boot with my EZ-Flash IV cartridge + 1GB Mini SD console gets stuck on the title screen (where it says GAME BOY in bright colors). The Nintendo logo is covered by a black rectangle.

The EZ-Flash IV cartridge + 1GB Mini SD I work well and without problems in a normal and Sp in a micro. In both, no problems. But in the AGS-101 does not work.

Comment my EZ-Flash IV is updated with the latest loader, taken from this thread:
http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/about793-0.html

For this is my problem. Anyone else with him? Has a solution? Or is it simply that the AGS-101 are not compatible with the EZ-Flash IV? : (

Thanks in advance. ^^

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
just blow in the cartridge slot (on the cartridge itself too!) and re-insert it a few times.
Grk! That can damage the contacts.

Get a Qtip/cotton swab and rub the contacts with it. If it persists, dip the Qtip in rubbing alcohol, rub the contacts with it and wait for it to dry.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
just blow in the cartridge slot (on the cartridge itself too!) and re-insert it a few times.
Grk! That can damage the contacts.

Get a Qtip/cotton swab and rub the contacts with it. If it persists, dip the Qtip in rubbing alcohol, rub the contacts with it and wait for it to dry.
My GBASP slot is the one at fault in this case, and I challenge you to clean the internal contacts with a q-tip :P

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My GBASP slot is the one at fault in this case, and I challenge you to clean the internal contacts with a q-tip :P
Oh, I misread. You said the internal contacts.

Well for that you can get one of these:
img5299pl0.jpg

They come with the Japan only DS Lite cleaning kit. Hard to come by, but they'll save your contacts in the long run. You still shouldn't be blowing in there.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, I misread. You said the internal contacts.

Well for that you can get one of these:
img5299pl0.jpg

They come with the Japan only DS Lite cleaning kit. Hard to come by, but they'll save your contacts in the long run. You still shouldn't be blowing in there.
Awesome! I'll try getting one of these... But I fear it'll be really hard to come by.

I know, but I it's also not like I should stare at my GBASP and not use it because of that, right? :P

I open up my GBASP to clean it every now and then, but I can't do that everytime ;)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah dodgy contacts is likely the issue.

Others stuff like http://www.maplin.co.uk/contact-cleaner-25340 exists as well and you can also get fibreglass pens to but I guess they are harder to clean pins with. Just remember not to get the automotive stuff as it is a bit potent.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried different GBA carts in your SP? It might not be a matter of dirty pins in your SP but rather the pins not making good enough contact with the cart. My EZ3 and EZ4s had this problem and it varied from one handheld to the next. The solution for this is to open the cart and pad the back of the board on the bottom with 2-3 layers of tape or paper. Don't add too much though so you don't strain the pins in the SP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1