Hacking Question Game asks for an update that won't work ( zelda BTW version 1.6 )

hatem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had zelda BTW as a base game and everything was fine.
Today i updated it to version 1.6 with an nsp from a trusted site ( am I allowed to state names here ? )
Well, since then the game won't lunch, it's stuck on that black screen with the nintendo switch logo.
I turned off my console, injected the hekate playload, deleted the game, installed it again an now it asks me to " download an update " whenever I open it.
I dont know what to do, my firmware is 6.2 it's even superior to the 1.6 update required version...

No what I want is to either reset this "minimum required update" and play v1.0 happily or just find a way to make the update work...
Thanks for any help that might be provided.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply,
I dont really want to go with a switch firmware update, is there no other way around such a problem ?
It's recommended that you use ChoiDujourNX to update to 8.1.0. Newer games and updates are going to require newer system versions, and you will be saving yourself a lot of headache down the road. Why are you hesitant to update?

Alternatively, you could mess with patching the game update to work on 6.2.0, but I haven't checked the SDK version, so it might not be possible.

You could also use DevMenu to remove the update requirement from Breath of the Wild so you can play on 1.0 (or an update lower than 1.6), but that's going to be more trouble than updating to 8.1.0.

Reactions: Albytrozz

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had zelda BTW as a base game and everything was fine.
Today i updated it to version 1.6 with an nsp from a trusted site ( am I allowed to state names here ? )
Well, since then the game won't lunch, it's stuck on that black screen with the nintendo switch logo.
I turned off my console, injected the hekate playload, deleted the game, installed it again an now it asks me to " download an update " whenever I open it.
I dont know what to do, my firmware is 6.2 it's even superior to the 1.6 update required version...

No what I want is to either reset this "minimum required update" and play v1.0 happily or just find a way to make the update work...
Thanks for any help that might be provided.

That statement is very false. Your firmware is 6.2. The game update is not firmware related, it's for the game itself. 1.6 introduces sped up load times, only available with 8.x.x firmware. Is there any reason in particular you want to stay on 6.2 firmware instead of updating to 8.1?

hatem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I wasn't the one who modded my switch, and it's still so new;
I dont know how the other guy did proceed and even worse he enabled auto RCM for me but he didn't give me any RCM dongle, so yeah I might have some trouble updating, and this is why I came here seeking for help.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know how the other guy did proceed and even worse he enabled auto RCM for me but he didn't give me any RCM dongle, so yeah I might have some trouble updating, and this is why I came here seeking for help.
Do you have a jig? If not, then you should leave AutoRCM installed. If you do have a jig, then you can remove AutoRCM if you want.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even worse would be that he didn't enable AutoRCM and didn't give you a jig. You know paperclips work, right?

You won't have any trouble updating your Switch. AutoRCM will not disappear. End of story.

hatem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have a jig? If not, then you should leave AutoRCM installed. If you do have a jig, then you can remove AutoRCM if you want.

I have no jig but autoRCM is enabled and I can use goldleaf and all.
So this means that there is NO WAY to play my zelda game now without updating ?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no jig but autoRCM is enabled and I can use goldleaf and all.
So this means that there is NO WAY to play my zelda game now without updating ?
I gave you a couple of options other than updating, but you're going to have to update for new games/updates eventually, and I recommend you go ahead and update to 8.1.0 now. If you need help, let us know.

hatem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I gave you a couple of options other than updating, but you're going to have to update for new games/updates eventually, and I recommend you go ahead and update to 8.1.0 now. If you need help, let us know.
You're totally right, i will eventually need to updated my console, i will try getting a jig starting from now.
But however, for the time being, I'm searching for a tutorial to use devmenu;
I also heard that JUST entering recovery mode and quitting reset game updates. Is it safe to do with my autorcm ?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're totally right, i will eventually need to updated my console, i will try getting a jig starting from now.
I also heard that JUST entering recovery mode and quitting reset game updates. Is it safe to do with my autorcm ?
That'll reset pending firmware updates, not sure about game updates. You don't need a jig to update your console. Nobody here said you did. In fact, everyone here said the opposite.

You're being given help and you're purposely ignoring it, trying to change your approach. We all told you to update and that it's safe, no jig required. Why do you keep changing what you're doing? Devmenu will let you delete the updates, but can't you also do that in Goldleaf?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do not need a jig. You can update your system using ChoiDujourNX, which will leave AutoRCM installed. Would you like me to type up a quick tutorial when I'm at my computer?

Entering recovery mode (not RCM) clears downloaded system updates. It doesn't have anything to do with game updates.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That'll reset pending firmware updates, not sure about game updates. You don't need a jig to update your console. Nobody here said you did. In fact, everyone here said the opposite.

You're being given help and you're purposely ignoring it, trying to change your approach. We all told you to update and that it's safe, no jig required. Why do you keep changing what you're doing? Devmenu will let you delete the updates, but can't you also do that in Goldleaf?
Since he doesn't have a jig, we do need to make sure he updates properly and doesn't remove RCM. Otherwise, he will have no way of getting back into CFW without a jig.

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do not need a jig. You can update your system using ChoiDujourNX, which will leave AutoRCM installed. Would you like me to type up a quick tutorial when I'm at my computer?

Entering recovery mode (not RCM) clears downloaded system updates. It doesn't have anything to do with game updates.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Since he doesn't have a jig, we do need to make sure he updates properly and doesn't remove RCM. Otherwise, he will have no way of getting back into CFW without a jig.
If he updates through system settings, he'll get banned. For all we know, incognito was used on his system and he can't update that way. Yes, he needs to update with ChoiDujourNX, keeping AutoRCM. That's obvious and was already stated. He keeps trying to come up with workarounds, probably from some dumb forum site or YouTube videos.

Reactions: PHiLiPZ

hatem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Yes, these are exactly the kind of errors I'm fearing now, thanks for understanding me :(

Yes, he needs to update with ChoiDujourNX, keeping AutoRCM. That's obvious and was already stated. He keeps trying to come up with workarounds, probably from some dumb forum site or YouTube videos.

I'm really sorry for that, actually I will start to check about ChoixDuJourNX because well one day i would eventually need to update the console

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am indeed. I feel bad for making you waste your time tho !
Do the following:
  1. Power off the Switch.
  2. Boot into Hekate and make a NAND backup if you don't have one. Power off the Switch when you are done. Put the NAND backup somewhere safe.
  3. Remove all Atmosphere files/folders from your SD card.
  4. Download the latest Atmosphere (0.9.2).
  5. Download fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere).
  6. Download these signature patches: https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/
  7. Put Atmosphere onto your SD card.
  8. Put the signature patches onto your SD card.
  9. Download ChoiDujourNX and put it onto your SD card.
  10. Download 8.1.0 and put it onto your SD card.
  11. Put the SD card into your Switch.
  12. Boot into Atmosphere using fusee-primary.
  13. Load the Homebrew Launcher.
  14. Load ChoiDujourNX and install 8.1.0. It will reinstall AutoRCM by default, so make sure you don't uncheck that box.
  15. Reboot the Switch.

mikejackychan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have a similar issue when update to 1.6
It seem that mods will cause the issue when booting the game.

To resolve this, need to use devmenu to remove the updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol