RELEASE Gag Order - A fix for "Supernag"

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Adubbz, May 30, 2018.

1. baretbh

baretbh GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2018
    Mexico
    BC, Mexico
    This is the answer ive been looking for! Thank you soo much!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thanks! I do have "auto update software" already turned off, is there a way to complete block them though? Or is that what you mean

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hey just tried it and it worked perfectly!!! thanks! :)

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You should use the proper DNS settings, or you should delete your internet connection settings. Considering that you will eventually need to be on the latest system version in order to use the eShop and online play, the latter option is recommended.

3. baretbh

baretbh GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2018
    Mexico
    BC, Mexico
    Thanks again, I will def add those dns settings right now! Who hosts this DNS btw and im assuming i can still keep wifi on now with these dns right? or do i stay in airplane mode still.
    Edit: This is pegaswitch. Deerp. The dns just blocks internet access. Ignore my retardedness

Last edited by baretbh, Jun 3, 2018
  4. DJTurnTable

DJTurnTable Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    United States
    I've tried several times to run this but it just hangs at "attempting to terminate ns..." Is that supposed to happen or do i just keep trying?

Edit:I am on 4.1.0

Edit 2: Got it working by using version 0.0.1 instead of the newest release.

Last edited by DJTurnTable, Jun 5, 2018
  5. Leolas123

Leolas123 Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2018
    France
    Hi I always have an error on my switch in 4.1, after several tries,
    I tried 20 to 30 times already, error code:
    (x1) XAj40011980649
    (x2) 4.1.0

Last edited by Leolas123, Jun 7, 2018
  6. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Olmectron is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    So.

Not so off-topic, but sorry anyway.

Is Pegaswitch already working on 4.1.0? I guess not. I've tried everything since this thread was created.

7. sheg0

sheg0 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    Germany
    Not yet.
    Look at Pegaswitch Github Issue 126 (cant post links :D)

8. Lunalik

Lunalik A Person That Exists

Mar 27, 2017
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    Is there anything this can currently be used to do. What does Pegaswitch do?

9. demsondjoo

demsondjoo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    i used gag-order on 5.1.0 and it said failed. my switch crashed after. but after restart, the nag was gone. so i guess it worked?

10. bawzy

bawzy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    It appears Gag Order is not compatible with the new OS 6.0. I am currently on 5.1 but 6.0 got downloaded in the background.

I run it, and it tells me "Invalid nag magic detected: 0x18000168. Expected 0x14020028."

Can you please update Gag Order to be compatible with this? I need this so I can setup DNS, which isn't letting me due to the supernag.

Last edited by bawzy, Oct 4, 2018
  11. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Can something be done about the joycon update nag?

andyhappypants likes this.
  12. ms87

ms87 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2016
    Similar thing here. I tried it several times and it didn't work, until I read your post. My Switch never actually crashed so after receiving the same error message after attempting to patch, I just held the power button down until it switched off. After booting up again it was gone. I was using GagOrder V1.3.0.

13. rooshoes

rooshoes Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2013
    United States
    Same here. Running v5.1.0 with the 6.0 update supernag. Seems to run into trouble using pmshellTerminateProcessByTitleId(0x010000000000001F); to kill ns, error code 0x0000020f. After exiting and returning to Gag Order, it behaves as if ns has been killed and attempts to patch the savedata, but as shown above the bytes don't match what's expected — either because Nintendo has changed the nag magic or the savedata is not being properly mounted.

v1.3.0? The latest public release on github is v0.1.0. What exactly did you do to remove the supernag in your case?

14. ms87

ms87 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2016
    This is what it's showing on my Switch. I'm unsure if it came from the github or hb App Store.

I hit patch in GagOrder, received the same error message as quoted above and then long-held the power button to turn off the switch. When I launched into CFW after that I no longer received the nag. I had tried several times using GagOrder and had no luck, so I'm not sure if it's just pure coincidence but powering down from within the app seemed to make something stick.

GagOrder.

15. pOOB73

pOOB73 Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2018
    Germany
    Anyone tested this on 6.1.0?
    [Edit] Never mind.. Just tested it and it said it's incompatible.

Last edited by pOOB73, Nov 24, 2018