Hacking G6 Lite Review (Out now!!)

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
is there a fix for the card randomly getting corrupted?

by the way can you dump the saves off your original carts and use them on the g6 lite, if so how?

daty2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ah at least I'm not the only one who gets random corruption problems
cry.gif

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As I've said earlier. It's a cute review, but very limited to basic knowledge imo. Rating the errors you had is very 'personal' based. As there are only a few with those problems and im sure they haven't even bothered to install a package by themselfs, but instead use the one already installed. As it is software causing save errors etc. (could be the battery as I mentioned too, but it's just a theory).

The one by Qrayzie is a much more profound review and not entirely based on personal opinions, which I highly recommend reading.

I did like the video you put up though.

leoedin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There was no saving problems, just general corruption issues

as for the review...does anyone have it cached? I was editing it on 2 machines, came onto the new one and then accidentally saved the old edit over the new one...

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As I've said earlier. It's a cute review, but very limited to basic knowledge imo. Rating the errors you had is very 'personal' based. As there are only a few with those problems and im sure they haven't even bothered to install a package by themselfs, but instead use the one already installed. As it is software causing save errors etc. (could be the battery as I mentioned too, but it's just a theory).

The one by Qrayzie is a much more profound review and not entirely based on personal opinions, which I highly recommend reading.

I did like the video you put up though.

So now people are reviewing reviews?

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why hasn't there been an official EZ 4 Lite review? I know some mods have had them for awhile now... way before the G6 Lite shipped... is GBAtemp biased towards M3/G6 cards?
huh.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why hasn't there been an official EZ 4 Lite review? I know some mods have had them for awhile now... way before the G6 Lite shipped... is GBAtemp biased towards M3/G6 cards?Â
huh.gif

We reviewed the EZ-Flash IV I think. I'm not sure if any staff other than myself has pegged an EZ-Flash IV Lite, but it would only require a very small write up - everything is the same but the size and the media type really.

If you want a write-up of the Lite it can be done. If none of the other staff volunteer, I'll volunteer myself, but I like everyone to get a fair shot.
smile.gif

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why hasn't there been an official EZ 4 Lite review? I know some mods have had them for awhile now... way before the G6 Lite shipped... is GBAtemp biased towards M3/G6 cards?Â
huh.gif

We reviewed the EZ-Flash IV I think. I'm not sure if any staff other than myself has pegged an EZ-Flash IV Lite, but it would only require a very small write up - everything is the same but the size and the media type really.

If you want a write-up of the Lite it can be done. If none of the other staff volunteer, I'll volunteer myself, but I like everyone to get a fair shot.
smile.gif

True, I guess it's pretty much the same as the EZ 4 review.

Since you own both a EZ 4 Lite and a G6 Lite, would you say you are liking the G6 Lite more?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DEFINITELY!

My major, major, major gripe with the EZ-Flash IV Lite is that the microSD slot is not spring loaded, and it is a terrible pain to get in and out without physically shaving down the entry hole in the cart to allow your fingers some grab room. I shot a picture of the G6 Lite next to a microSD card, and as you can see it's very tiny.

The build of all the included cartridge casings with the EZ-Flash IV Lite is very cheap. Considering previous offerings (EZ-II, EZ-III, it was a huge disappointment.

The compatibility is so/so (as can be seen at many different discussion sites) .. and the list goes on.

I actually feel bad, this is hijacking leoedin's review thread - I'd be more than happy to discuss this somewhere else, but let's try and keep this thread on topic.

grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before