Hacking G6 Lite randomly freezing.

Thoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when I'm playing a game, I'll put it in sleep mode, pause, or it will just change screens and freeze. When I turn it back on, it will show the G6 screen at the top, and then just hang there. It will work again after i connect it to a computer, but it's a reocurring bug so... I remember it doing this a long time ago, and I think it just fixed itself, but i'm not sure. Any tips?

Thoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus, now its not even loading past the green screen in GBA mode and the black G6 screen in DS mode.....WTH do I do now? I can still enter all the button combos at the green screen, and my PC still reads it.

Actually, back to the button combos on the green text screen in gba mode...

The memory wipe function says "Fail Performed erase operation"
The test says everything is OK
System Loader i'm a tad confused on, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt...

I'm getting frustrated, and I'm about to pawn this thing off on Ebay and buy an M3 Lite or somthing.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ebay most likely will catch you before i gets sold...

Unfortunately, I dont have a G6...yet so I cant help you out just yet.

All I can reccomend is to do what one would normally do with anything thats malfunctioning. Try everything from scratch, formatting, connecting, etc....

Keep us updated
smile.gif

Thoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ebay most likely will catch you before i gets sold...

Unfortunately, I dont have a G6...yet so I cant help you out just yet.

All I can reccomend is to do what one would normally do with anything thats malfunctioning. Try everything from scratch, formatting, connecting, etc....

Keep us updated
smile.gif

Formatting does nothing, and it just locks up now after I re-install the firmware. I dont know what to do...

_NeTcHoW_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Try formating, then use the Maintenance utility (download here: http://www.handheldsources.com/download/Ma...e%20utility.rar ). Then again copy your games with the last G6 U-Disk Manager and see if they freeze. I had this problem when I bought a G6 Lite, but after doing this steps, it never freezes again.

EDIT: if you want to try, here is the method to format the G6 memory with the DS and not the computer:

Press Y
When green writing appears press L+R+START+SELECT
AGREE TO ERASE THE MAIN MEMORY
When complete switch off DS
Plug G6 into computer and format to FAT
Using official mputility and with G6 still plugged into PC let MPutility work its magic it takes about 10 mins.
Safely disconnect G6 from PC
Reconnect G6 to PC
Copy your games with last U-Disk Manager

Thoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try formating, then use the Maintenance utility (download here: http://www.handheldsources.com/download/Ma...e%20utility.rar ). Then again copy your games with the last G6 U-Disk Manager and see if they freeze. I had this problem when I bought a G6 Lite, but after doing this steps, it never freezes again.

EDIT: if you want to try, here is the method to format the G6 memory with the DS and not the computer:

Press Y
When green writing appears press L+R+START+SELECT
AGREE TO ERASE THE MAIN MEMORY
When complete switch off DS
Plug G6 into computer and format to FAT
Using official mputility and with G6 still plugged into PC let MPutility work its magic it takes about 10 mins.
Safely disconnect G6 from PC
Reconnect G6 to PC
Copy your games with last U-Disk Manager

I dont mean to come off rude here, but did you read my post? I cant even erase the main memory from the DS. It says "The process has failed" in extremely broken english. The PC reads it fine, and i can copy files to it, and it'll take up space, and the U-Disk manager will do everything fine...But I cant do anything from the ds. Installing firmware will go to 30 and then it'll just hang at the screen forever. I cant get to any screen that will let me load a game right now. I am WAY past the freezing. I'm running it through the mputility one more time, but i dont have any hope what so ever.

Thoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, its getting stranger....

I can now load up GBA mode. JUST, GBA mode. DS mode hangs at the passcard screen (which is the screen BEFORE what it was hanging at earlier)

I may be even more confused now than I was before...This is blasphemy....this is MADNESS!!!

Thoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I THINK it may be fixed...I'm able to play games again, and nothings gone wrong....I dont know what happened still...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I knew that scientist was up to no good....