G6 Lite randomly freezing.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Thoto, May 17, 2007.

May 17, 2007

G6 Lite randomly freezing. by Thoto at 3:48 PM (1,004 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Thoto
    OP

Newcomer Thoto Member

United States
    Sometimes when I'm playing a game, I'll put it in sleep mode, pause, or it will just change screens and freeze. When I turn it back on, it will show the G6 screen at the top, and then just hang there. It will work again after i connect it to a computer, but it's a reocurring bug so... I remember it doing this a long time ago, and I think it just fixed itself, but i'm not sure. Any tips?

2. Thoto
    OP

Newcomer Thoto Member

United States
    Jesus, now its not even loading past the green screen in GBA mode and the black G6 screen in DS mode.....WTH do I do now? I can still enter all the button combos at the green screen, and my PC still reads it.

Actually, back to the button combos on the green text screen in gba mode...

The memory wipe function says "Fail Performed erase operation"
    The test says everything is OK
    System Loader i'm a tad confused on, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt...

I'm getting frustrated, and I'm about to pawn this thing off on Ebay and buy an M3 Lite or somthing.

3. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Ebay most likely will catch you before i gets sold...

Unfortunately, I dont have a G6...yet so I cant help you out just yet.

All I can reccomend is to do what one would normally do with anything thats malfunctioning. Try everything from scratch, formatting, connecting, etc....

Keep us updated [​IMG]

4. Thoto
    OP

Newcomer Thoto Member

United States
    Formatting does nothing, and it just locks up now after I re-install the firmware. I dont know what to do...

5. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    I guess you should just wait for one of the G6 gurus to help out =\

6. _NeTcHoW_

Newcomer _NeTcHoW_ Newbie

Brazil
    Try formating, then use the Maintenance utility (download here: http://www.handheldsources.com/download/Ma...e%20utility.rar ). Then again copy your games with the last G6 U-Disk Manager and see if they freeze. I had this problem when I bought a G6 Lite, but after doing this steps, it never freezes again.

EDIT: if you want to try, here is the method to format the G6 memory with the DS and not the computer:

Press Y
    When green writing appears press L+R+START+SELECT
    AGREE TO ERASE THE MAIN MEMORY
    When complete switch off DS
    Plug G6 into computer and format to FAT
    Using official mputility and with G6 still plugged into PC let MPutility work its magic it takes about 10 mins.
    Safely disconnect G6 from PC
    Reconnect G6 to PC
    Copy your games with last U-Disk Manager

7. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
  8. Thoto
    OP

Newcomer Thoto Member

United States
    I dont mean to come off rude here, but did you read my post? I cant even erase the main memory from the DS. It says "The process has failed" in extremely broken english. The PC reads it fine, and i can copy files to it, and it'll take up space, and the U-Disk manager will do everything fine...But I cant do anything from the ds. Installing firmware will go to 30 and then it'll just hang at the screen forever. I cant get to any screen that will let me load a game right now. I am WAY past the freezing. I'm running it through the mputility one more time, but i dont have any hope what so ever.

9. Thoto
    OP

Newcomer Thoto Member

United States
  10. Thoto
    OP

Newcomer Thoto Member

United States
    Ok, its getting stranger....

I can now load up GBA mode. JUST, GBA mode. DS mode hangs at the passcard screen (which is the screen BEFORE what it was hanging at earlier)

I may be even more confused now than I was before...This is blasphemy....this is MADNESS!!!

11. _NeTcHoW_

Newcomer _NeTcHoW_ Newbie

Brazil
    Sorry man, I was just trying to help. Hope you solve your problem.

12. Thoto
    OP

Newcomer Thoto Member

United States
    Like i said, didnt mean to come off rude, but there was a post that explained that I had already tried all that to no avail :-/

13. Thoto
    OP

Newcomer Thoto Member

United States
    I THINK it may be fixed...I'm able to play games again, and nothings gone wrong....I dont know what happened still...