Hardware G6 Lite Question

hispanic_lover

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I am new to the forum. I'm thinking about purchasing a G6 Lite 4 GBit... but need to know if this will work in a gameboy advance SP? Or is the G6 Lite only for NDS slot 2?

Thanks for your help!
smile.gif

ahmad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have a question too so I'll hijack this thread rather than create a new one.

I have a GBA SP and a Micro and I'm looking for a flash cart for playing GBA games (only). I am confused because a lot of the reviews here of suitable hardware mainly focus on NDS compatibility, and my only concern here is GBA compatibility.

Options I think I be considering include M3 Perfect, G6 Lite, and EZFlash 3 in 1.

Could someone please tell me what, if anything, would be the best for GBA usage? Removeable storage (SD, micro, etc.) would be preferred for me but if something like the G6 Lite was to be the "best" then I could live with fixed onboard memory.

Thanks in advance.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ahmad, your best bets are either one of the EZ-Flash 4 variants, or one of the GBA-slot M3 variants.

The EZ-Flash 3-in-1 requires an EZ-Flash 5 (NDS) cart in order to copy games onto it, and unfortunately will only fit into a DS Lite.

If you wanted internal memory, there are a couple of older carts like the EFA-Linker (the first one, not the second one) and the XROM, that I would recommend over the G6, but good luck finding those
wink.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The EZ-Flash 3-in-1 requires an EZ-Flash 5 (NDS) cart in order to copy games onto it, and unfortunately will only fit into a DS Lite.
Both of these statements are incorrect. The 3-in-1 can be used with any slot 1 flashcart that has full DLDI support, and a GBA sized verson is available.

That said, I don't recommend the 3-in-1 for the GBA, as it requires a DS and a DS flashcart to use it.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Both of these statements are incorrect. The 3-in-1 can be used with any slot 1 flashcart that has full DLDI support, and a GBA sized verson is available.

That said, I don't recommend the 3-in-1 for the GBA, as it requires a DS and a DS flashcart to use it.
My mistake, this is what happens when you don't keep up-to-date on developments (which I can kinda recall now you mention it)
wink.gif
What I said was true at one time though.

But yes, you'd still need some sort of DLDI supporting slot-1 flash cart to use it, and that could be more costly and more hassle than it's worth, unless you're in the market for a NDS cart also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up