Hacking G6 lite available for preorder

M3LV1N

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It seems as if 512 MBytes would fill up quickly with NDS games alone. I personally would want a couple of GBA games. 8 GBits seems just about right.

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's $100 even after 3 day shipping to the USA

how did you get that price? because i will definatly pick it up for 100!!

That's what it shows when you check out the G6 lite preorder at winsunx. I'm going to get one of these but now I have to figure out what to do with my brand new Mini-SD M3. I guess either return it and take the 15% fee or ebay:/

el_quesoAlso, is there an official site or forum that talks about the G6 product? I've looked at M3's site, and they only talk about the M3.
http://www.g6flash.com/main.htm is the official site but it only has info about the "old" G6 carts.
you cant sell it on ebay, sorry. that why i put my x-rom in my sig. and im in the middle of a sale right now
biggrin.gif
so id try that. especially with the popularity of that item

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't think selling was allowed on gbatemp.net. I saw your sig but was surprised that it didn't get removed. If I get an OK to put my MiniSD M3 in my sig, I'd definitely do that
smile.gif

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
I see several completed auctions for them on eBay so I'm probably going to try there. Seems like the worst thing that could happen is they'd just take the auction down.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That price seems alright. I think I'll wait and read how it performs, and also wait for kicktrading to get it in. Definitely a better price than my 512mbit EFA which was around $170+

My 5 legit games should last me a few weeks/months.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My pre-order came to $100.32 USD with shipping to Canada. That's a really fair deal, considering the price of current G6 units.

Not having to grab removable media is actually a sweet treat (especially since nearly everything I own requires some sort of removable media).

Wow! That is quite a good deal. I guess the first G6 model was way overpriced.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the ez4L cartridge is cooler looking...plus i like the external memory, dont care about loading times i also bought a faster card (ultra II sandisk -- with more updates to the ez4 client the loading times will decrease as well)..i can use one cart now and use separate memory cards for gba, ds, music, etc. and easily store them all in my little ds carrying case rather than spending money on a whole new mp3 player and 4 dif flash carts...the g6 lite is nice cuz it fits perfectly flush like the slot holder, but the problem for me at least is aesthetics (not saying the g6 is bad though)..and i'd like for the cartridge im playing games with to at least look like a game cartridge and not a dustcover..if i want a dustcover ill put the one that came with my ds lite back in..i dont care if my dustcover plays games or not...the design is too blah and boring i think..i havent heard ne1 complain about compatability with the ez4lite cept for tony hawk (which is a horrible game neway -- at least imo) ... the only thing (that doesnt bother me so much as ive flashed my lite) but its bugging me that with all the confusion regarding passkey devices to work with ez4lite that ez team hasnt announced putting out their own passkey device yet or at least make an announcement that so and so's version of a plug and play passkey will be the one they focus on making updates to their software on to make it work perfectly with the ez4..i guess time will tell.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the g6 lite is nice cuz it fits perfectly flush like the slot holder, but the problem for me at least is aesthetics (not saying the g6 is bad though)..and i'd like for the cartridge im playing games with to at least look like a game cartridge and not a dustcover..if i want a dustcover ill put the one that came with my ds lite back in..i dont care if my dustcover plays games or not...the design is too blah and boring i think

What kind of argument is that?
wacko.gif

I'd love to get the G6 right now but I think i'll go with the G6 lite w/ GBA support
smile.gif
Cheaper and i don't play GBA games anyways. With the money saved, i'll get the passcard 3. I flashed my DS lite already but i might exchange it cuz it has a stuck pixel.

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anywhere else going to sell this you think?
besides winsunx and kicktrading
I would love to order it from kicktrading but unfortunetely that won't be happening for awhile.
as far as i can tell divineo only sells m3 and neo
and jandamans only has passkeys and passcards.
trustworthy shops in north america are a plus!

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Too bad the 1GB isn't out yet. I'd order that in a heartbeat. 512 just isn't enough for me as I use my DS as an MP3 player as well. I guess I'll just wait for the M3 MicroSD. I'm sure it will look the same, only with a MicroSD slot in the front.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@yuwing (or vuwing lol sry cant read the boards font all that well)

its a valid argument..ppl dont buy things they think are ugly..and i think the ds lite dust cover makes for an ugly flash cart as there was nothing in terms of design and look put into it besides copying nintendo (im a fan of the art on games/carts as well -- so that prob factors into my opinion as well). i also dont like being limited to only 512 megabytes. functinality isnt a problem with the ez4Lite and i prefer the shell that comes with the ez4L over the g6. im not ragging on the g6 to say its not a good product in terms of functionality and reliability..im one to judge a book by its cover as i am very graphical...its no different than with nething else i have bought...i didnt buy my laptop, desktop, nintendo ds lite, etc. without coming to terms with how it looks first..some ppl may like the dustcover for a flash cart...i happen to not like how it looks for a game cartridge (its style suits just fine as a dustcover/slot holder).

p.s. im not trying to disuade ne1 or come across as an a-hole lol just explaining my personal reason for liking the ez4L

billz

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
People rip on WinsunX for shipping costs, but I'd just like to point out that $18 (I think is what he charges for under 500KG) is actually a very good price, considering that if you were to send the same thing to Winsunx it would be between $50-70US (from the US, anyways). UPS Wordwide Express is basically the fastest you can get something delivered (This would also go for the DHL and Fedex equivalents). You could maybe pay $10US less if you did standard mail from China, but that could easily take 1-2 weeks+, likely more, as the United States Postal Service has exponentially more (I just pulled that out of my rear) international packages and thus longer turn around times.

Plus add the advantages of having a trackable service, it is quite the deal for shipping.

Maybe people are just angry because of the lack of choice?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...