OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are we screwed since DA quit? And is GEN capable of making any updates to the M33?
unsure.gif

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
when did DA quit

a m33 update will ONLY happen when something BIG is added by Sony to the FW
so maybe 6.00 will get a M33
5.01-5.55, are just small updates
nothing really that big was added to the FW
so CFW is not need

some game need 5.55 so update to 5.55 then Pandora back, or use test m33
and some games need 5.50 , use Gen, then then Pandora(of hellcat's recovery flasher) back, or use test m33

and you DO know that
CFW is for HOMEBREW, NOT ISOs

so if to need to play a new game that CANT run on m33, update play the game, and use Pandora to go back to m33

axisk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know when DA quit but I have been reading all over the place that he has quit again. This time sony is paying him supposedly like 2 million dollars.

axisk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
when did DA quit

a m33 update will ONLY happen when something BIG is added by Sony to the FW
so maybe 6.00 will get a M33
5.01-5.55, are just small updates
nothing really that big was added to the FW
so CFW is not need

some game need 5.55 so update to 5.55 then Pandora back, or use test m33
and some games need 5.50 , use Gen, then then Pandora(of hellcat's recovery flasher) back, or use test m33

and you DO know that
CFW is for HOMEBREW, NOT ISOs

so if to need to play a new game that CANT run on m33, update play the game, and use Pandora to go back to m33

So what you are saying is that I can play an Iso right off my Memory Stick Without Cfw?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Chris...you're running a flashed firmware (5.00M33-6)...of course it can utilise a Pandora battery!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's incorrect...the only non Pandora receptive Mobo's are the TA-088v3 and TA-090v2.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No.....the TA-090v1 which appeared in some PSP 2000's is essentially the same as the TA-088v1 and v2.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
regarding GEN and M33, are they interchangable? I mean, can we use GEN on top of M33 and vice versa (for TA-88v2 below)? If DA really quit, then I have no choice but to switch to GEN (as long as it's permanent)

back to topic, guys, so we dont get banned or something

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You're completely reflashing the PSP firmware each time...as in yes.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why is everyone thinking DA quit or m33 is dead? its starting to annoy me with all these is m33 dead topics and where's DA gone?..... eesh if DA wants to continue with producing m33 cfw then he will if he doesn't that's his choice, naturally we'd all love him to continue as he's helped alot of people with his current verions of m33 cfw, and you never know someone else might pick up where DA left off naturally it won't be the same without DA's mind behind it all but its still something. either way the official firmware updates weren't anything major so there really is no need to update the cfw. just because some games need updated firmware to work doesn't mean a new cfw version needs to be created it would be nice yes but maybe there is a simple work around nobodies thought of yet, we'll just have to wait and see.

axisk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
why is everyone thinking DA quit or m33 is dead? its starting to annoy me with all these is m33 dead topics and where's DA gone?..... eesh if DA wants to continue with producing m33 cfw then he will if he doesn't that's his choice, naturally we'd all love him to continue as he's helped alot of people with his current verions of m33 cfw, and you never know someone else might pick up where DA left off naturally it won't be the same without DA's mind behind it all but its still something. either way the official firmware updates weren't anything major so there really is no need to update the cfw. just because some games need updated firmware to work doesn't mean a new cfw version needs to be created it would be nice yes but maybe there is a simple work around nobodies thought of yet, we'll just have to wait and see.
Ok then if we don't need an updated Cfw then how do we play the games that need 5.55 Firmware? Like tales of Vs and The upcoming Dissidia?

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
Dissidia is STILL unknown. it may need just 5.50 . (like madden 10)
it may even run on 5.00 m33-6

as for tales of Vs,
BUY IT
update to 5.55, with the update on the UMD
use Pandora to go back to CFW

now if you have 5.03 CFWs (3000s and 2000s with Ta088v3+ MB) your stuck and cant play them ,yet, if ever

the M33 CFW will NOT be update just to play ISOs
DA forums

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1