1. axisk

OP axisk Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I see. I'm not going to waste my money on importing a Game just to play it. I'm patient I will wait for the update, or W/e.

2. Reaper

Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    Ahem..

3. Chris_Skylock

Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

just updated to 5.50 GEN B (FULL) and Im loving it with my patched [email protected] SP. I can play Online.

No comment on DA about M33

What about the 5.50 MHU? (is it)

There are 3 CFW for the PSP2000. I wonder which one is the best? I'll vote for M33 but oh well

4. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    LOL as funny as that was, no. He meant the original purpose/intent of cfw is for playing homebrew..... Honestly I don't know if you were joking or not.

5. issy12

issy12 GBAtemp Regular

im srry but most ppl are just using the cfw to play isos - u dont deserve an update.

6. axisk

OP axisk Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Whats wrong with using CFW? it's not hurting anyone. In fact it's helping people, by allowing them to have fun for free [​IMG]

Posts merged

I have been hearing about this Firmware by Gen. Is it any good?

7. Chris_Skylock

Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

I just downgraded my 5.50 GEN B (FULL) back to 5.00 M33-6. I wonder if I did the right thing?

plug ins do crash in GEN. T_T. Specially on CWCHEAT sometimes. T_T

8. djricekcn

djricekcn GBAtemp Maniac

United States

And making the company lose potential sales, good going. they aren't exactly made of money.

9. DAX did not quit, only the forum is out due to econimic crysis.

10. Double post.

11. clegion

clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    unless da specifically says that he is not making cfw anymore then i say it's still there and being updated just wait for 6.xx game won't be long now

12. Rogue Trader

Rogue Trader GBAtemp Regular

DA announced he was closing down his site, but hopefully there will be an update at some point in the future (like 6.xx).

Also, CFW is not just for isos, I use it mostly for emulators- because frankly the SNES, GBA and PSone had better libraries than the PSP ever will.

13. Skyline969

Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Ok, as everything seems to be scattered here, here's all the info you need to know:
    DAX did NOT quit the PSP scene, he shut down the forums due to financial troubles.
    DAX is continuing to work on PSP CFW, meaning M33 will live on. He's just waiting for a new feature or something in a PSP OFW before he's releasing a new M33 CFW. He's not making a CFW just for compatibility for a few games.
    Other than M33, there is 5.50 MHU and 5.50 GEN-A (upgradable to GEN-B) for fully hackable PSPs. As a personal user of 5.50 GEN-B, I can say that it's a very decent custom firmware, with plenty of plugin support (CXMB (its version), POPS, CWCheat, and Hold+ all work (those are all I've tested)). Homebrew and ISOs work the way they would on any M33 firmware. And as for people saying it's unstable... I haven't encountered a single problem with 5.50 GEN-B, and I encourage people to upgrade their hackable PSPs. M33 fanboys, stop whining and just bit the bullet - DAX isn't releasing a CFW for a while, so you might as well jump ship for the time being and upgrade.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Future,