Fusing eboots?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Blaze163, Jan 6, 2011.

Jan 6, 2011

Fusing eboots? by Blaze163 at 4:14 PM (1,268 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Lali ho.

I've downloaded Metal Gear Solid disks 1 and 2 in eboot form, but I'd rather have them as one eboot instead of two so I don't have to dick about with codes to swap disks. How do I amalgamate the two existing eboots into one? I tried using PSX2PSP but it keeps saying 'invalid file name'. Ideas?

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    You can use PSX2PSP to extract the ISOs from each eboot and then make your own double disc one.

3. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    But when I select the file it says invalid file name and removes it from the list. Do I click extract ISO first? Seems I almost had the right idea, just needs one more step.

4. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Download the PSN version. Problem solved!

5. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Try renaming the files? My guess is there's some character in them it doesn't like. Or maybe its called something other than eboot.pbp and it doesn't like that

6. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    Strangely, even though it kept saying invalid file name and blanking the list of files, it still ripped the image files from the eboots, allowing me to fuse them into one eboot. Hopefully it works. Any idea what the Popsloader settings for it are?

7. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    3.72 or 5.00 work fine although the codec occasionally stutters.

8. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nothing game breaking though? They load fine, I can sneak about, get caught 'cause I suck at Metal Gear, pop a few guards in the face then hide in a box? I generally ignore the Codec anyway, I know how most of the main story goes. Well, I do for the original anyway. I doubt anyone can keep track of the Metal Gear Solid saga as a whole without a fuckin' big flow chart.

Also, I don't have Pops 5.00, mine only goes up to 4.01 I think...has there been a new release? Where can I get it, what are the advantages, etc?

9. xist

United Kingdom
    No. I'm on 5.00M33-6 and remember i played it with pops from flash and 3.72 using popsloader. You can finish the game fine though on 3.72.

The bit at the end on top of Rex is much harder on the PSP than i remember it being on the PSX though.

10. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    The codec is a stuttery bitch, and there's a tiny little stutter in the sound effects for the Konami logos, but aside from that it's working fine.

Been a good day for my new memory card. 4GB Sony card, and at present it holds:

- Legend of the Dragoon. Took me a fuckin' age to download but SOOOO worth it. Had it as a kid but it was stolen from me when I was about half way through. Now I have it back after about a decade and it STILL kicks ass. Now that's staying power.

- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. The original. I also have the second on another card. Love these games. Classic gameplay before it got all motion controls and Bam Margera's dicking around. Gimme a board, a warehouse and a secret tape, and we're good to go.

- Chocobo Racing. If I have to come up with some reason to own a game based around a chocobo wearing jet powered rocket skates and a moogle on a motorbike other than the simple fact that it exists, then frankly that's it for humanity. Go press the big red button that says 'do not press' and get it over with.

- Metal Gear Solid. As I said, aside from a stuttery codec (which I attribute to it being an early version of the technology. Mei Ling even says as much when you start the game so it kinda makes sense) it plays fine. Concerned with how to beat Psycho Mantis though. However, as I recall there's a second way to beat him involving shooting statues. Designers put it in just in case anyone F'd up their second controller port, I think.

- Final Fantasy V and VI. Granted, I have them on my GBA emulator, but that thing is awful picky lately and often refuses to save my game properly. Besides, these have cutscenes. I have a vague recollection of finishing them both at some point (I must have, I've finished every FF game so far) but most of the stories are kinda fading out of my memory so now's the perfect time to get reacquainted with Terra's classic struggle against a maniacal clown.

- Crash Bandicoot Trilogy. I have Crash 2 on another card but this takes up about as much space for all 3 games in one. Dunno how that works. Must be some pretty epic compression to get all 3 Crash games on one CD and therefore one eboot. But whatever. Never look a gift horse in the mouth. Now that I can delete Crash 2, I'll have a few hundred MB kicking loose to put in Alundra or something. Assuming this eboot of it actually works, my last one was a total fuck up.

Not bad for a 4GB card, I say. Some good gaming to be had there. Should at least tide me over until the 3DS launch. After that I have the terrible feeling that my poor old PSP and DS Lite will sink into the murky depths of extreme pointlessness, cursed to be eternally ignored while I replay Lylat Wars about a billion times.

11. xist

United Kingdom
    Psycho Mantis fight is fine...you can switch via the Home button.