Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
load of bullshit hahaha:

"Mig-Switch does not approve the use of its device with ROMs of games that you do not own, downloaded from the internet or owned by a friend or any outside source. Beside the fact that it is illegal, it will void our warranty and support."

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, that's not why. It's because of some dns name record failures

Here's the article quote that your referring to:

"various sources have discovered links between MIG Switch and Gary Bowser"

I believe the video in the article also goes to explain why they think Gary may be involved. This guy really isn't the brightest if this is true. It would be somewhat easy to plant this information though...

Let's follow this story and see what comes out of it. In the meantime I'm having loads of fun reading these articles 🤣😂

Reactions: BigOnYa and impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I thought the DNS was tied to After Time X, which is it 100% confirmed that After Time X and Mig Switch are the same?
Not 100% but let me give you the run down.

Aftertime X only suddenly came out from no where, announcing a major new thing for the Switch. Hints heavily that it's a "former" TX team.

The blunders with the DNS, links that to Gary. Migswitch website is also hosted on the same place as Gary's sites. I mean... I'm no detective but wow everything point to the same source.

Also if you check o-p-a.biz and Aftertime X, they kind of look the same in the layout.

cainan__c

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've decided I'll take one for the team :wtf:
What I'm wondering is when are these planning to ship? And is Skin Pixel even a legitimate reseller? I heard reports that they specifically were hosting a scam site, using Shopify but who's to say for certain.

Also worth noting that the "official" mig-switch website has yet to link to any distributors...
Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 16.41.15.png

EDIT: After a bit of research they do appear to be a legitimate reseller.
Source: Reddit

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to their website it'll be possible to convert NXDumpTool XCI dumps to work on the Mig.

The product they sell is reportedly a pair of items, a Mig Switch Card and Mig Switch Dumper, which allows someone to make backups of their own Switch games.
It'll be interesting to see if Mig backups can be used in emulation.

This is a product from Russia however, so that's very dubious.
I wonder if it'll be tied to a switch "finger print (the dumps) like SXOS was to prevent uploading mig dumps to the net
Post automatically merged:

Not 100% but let me give you the run down.

Aftertime X only suddenly came out from no where, announcing a major new thing for the Switch. Hints heavily that it's a "former" TX team.

The blunders with the DNS, links that to Gary. Migswitch website is also hosted on the same place as Gary's sites. I mean... I'm no detective but wow everything point to the same source.

Also if you check o-p-a.biz and Aftertime X, they kind of look the same in the layout.
so your saying Gary hasn't learned his lesson being a prison b*tch the first time? he better leave for moscow then

Last edited by chrisrlink,

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It will be illegal in the UK as the cart will contain a firmware of some description which allows the emulation of a Nintendo cartridge which in turn circumvents copyright protection which will be the law it breaks.
R4 cards had been banned in the UK since 2010. But over the span of many years, numerous clones have flooded the market, and it doesn't stop you from buying them. The same can be said for most modchips and flashcarts in general.

View attachment 412497
Cool :)

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: BigOnYa

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 412497
Just so long as Nintendo doesn't take them out. I remember with the SX Pro it took Nintendo a good couple of weeks or so to take out the US seller. We're probably going to see the same thing happen with the current US or Canada seller wherever tha guy is from. I don't wish it but I'm sure it'll happen.

Reactions: peteruk

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just so long as Nintendo doesn't take them out. I remember with the SX Pro it took Nintendo a good couple of weeks or so to take out the US seller. We're probably going to see the same thing happen with the current US or Canada seller wherever tha guy is from. I don't wish it but I'm sure it'll happen.
Fingers crossed. May it happen or no? If the Chinese makes their own clones, then Nintendo cannot legally sue them, as copyright laws in China are plainly non-existent.

Reactions: peteruk

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Fingers crossed. May it happen or no? If the Chinese makes their own clones, then Nintendo cannot legally sue them, as copyright laws in China are plainly non-existent.
Unless a Chinese company say "wait a minute..." and that company last time was Tencent.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this will end up on the usual Chinese websites that are full of knockoff products for sale within the year. And in abundance. Look how many modchips u can buy there now LOL LOL

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what i'm seeing so far is no homebrew enabler for this?
So far I guess. Can’t say this will work out well for patched switch’s but maybe modded and v1 switch’s can make this worth it for extra storage buy using the actual sd card slot for homebrew and games. I’m sure someone will come up with a way maybe to launch a game menu somehow so the cart slot won’t be the only way to change the game. Can’t say extra storage will be a good reason to get this though, I still have about 6gb left in my sd card, will have more if something interesting is released once I eventually delete mk1, I only played that game about 2-4 times, I won’t miss it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol