Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hmmmmm. Sounds like we can inject the Cert/UID of a personally owned cart into any other backup and play them all online. Sounds amazing, but I'll personally be waiting it out to see of there's a ban wave before I jump in.

It's been clarified that xci, nsp, and nsz files won't work. This will rely on its own format.

"After reviewing their website, it seems also that the “backup” ROMs that are currently floating around out there on the Internet are NOT supported, as the format that the “Mig Switch” uses is slightly different"

Last edited by tabzer,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It's simislar to the Sky3ds+ with it's Skydock. Making your own dumps and play them with full availability.
That's what everybody is hopping for.

So far we only have the next facts:
  • Gary Bowser says he suffer a DNS attack and the new domains about the device "are no their".
  • There are two videos on twitter showing the device "working", needing to eject and reinsert the cartridge to change the current game.
  • The site https://migswitch.com/ appears and have all information we have, is so vague to no give us so real information:
    • The device needs full ROM dump, including the unique IDs of the original cartridge on bin format.
    • You can dump the cartridge using NXDumpTool or a "USB dumper" device to be sell by the same people.
    • The site states you shouldn't be banned if you use a full dump of the cartridge.
    • There are open request to distributors.
    • There are open request for reviewers.
Besides that THERE IS NO OTHER INFORMATION, there are no details about the real working of the device.

I personally aren't sure if big N have make each cartridge completely unique and identifiable and they can detect if a "clone" cartridge is online. so I can not know so far if this flash card will really works on the real life. or even is a real device and not a Día de los Inocentes joke (April's fool is celebrated on most countries on the world the December 28th)
Post automatically merged:

It's been clarified that xci, nsp, and nsz files won't work. This will rely on its own format.
no his own format, full cartridge dump, XCI + bin files, that bin files seems to be the cartridge unique ID and certificate.

Reactions: peteruk and tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
no his own format, full cartridge dump, XCI + bin files, that bin files seems to be the cartridge unique ID and certificate.

So other XCI files should work as long a you have the bin files of the following?:
  • Gamecard certificate
  • Gamecard initial data
  • Gamecard card id set
  • Gamecard card uid
Is it conventional to get these without dumping your own cartridge? What benefit would there be in downloading an XCI from the internet when you'd have to have your own cartridge to rip these?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So other XCI files should work as long a you have the bin files of the following?:
  • Gamecard certificate
  • Gamecard initial data
  • Gamecard card id set
  • Gamecard card uid
Is it conventional to get these without dumping your own cartridge? What benefit would there be in downloading an XCI from the internet when you'd have to have your own cartridge to rip these?
  • Avoid to damage your expensive original cartridge.
  • be able to use after your dog, nephew, girlfriend ate the cartridge by accident
  • avoid to scratch your original game (just kidding is no disc)
  • Future preservation.
  • etc.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
  • Avoid to damage your expensive original cartridge.
  • be able to use after your dog, nephew, girlfriend ate the cartridge by accident
  • avoid to scratch your original game (just kidding is no disc)
  • Future preservation.
  • etc.

How can you get those files after your dog or girlfriend ate the cartridge? They'd need to be exclusive/unique to your cartridge.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
Where did you see/ read this?

In the Twitter post attached to the article. "he told us that he used one of his game’s “Cert/UID”, which he never shared to anyone before, to be able to play online with his other “game backups”, but so far he has never experienced any issue"

It's been clarified that you're usually wrong about most everything you have to say.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the Twitter post attached to the article. "he told us that he used one of his game’s “Cert/UID”, which he never shared to anyone before, to be able to play online with his other “game backups”, but so far he has never experienced any issue"
I read it as, his own backup of that 1 game playing that same 1 game online, but not using the same Certificate for other games. But yeah the wording is hard to understand the real facts. Guess we will wait and see.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: tabzer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was listening to the Ice T Iceberg CD other day, good stuff
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i concur
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    power is my fave tho, masterpiece
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still waiting on that new ll album
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    steve miller band got me into rock from folk and country
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    fly like an eagle
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys ever heard of group out of detroit called "Top Authority"? They were good too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess this is the power of genres they make you talk about other artists
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What are you guys talking about?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hamsters
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People that do drugs
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I been listening to a f-ton of jrock and jpop lately
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    mainly a lot of go!go! and cibo matto
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lil' hamster yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Big hamster yawn
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop stealing his sayings
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, svebe
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sometimes when I poop I just think that's it?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The worst is when its a dry poop, then you spend 20 minutes and ha!f a roll of TP wiping. Its like wiping TP over a magic marker, just won't stop showing.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, or diarrhea
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shit: is :shit: