Funny but useless

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by Ballistic, Feb 25, 2009.

Feb 25, 2009

Funny but useless by Ballistic at 9:12 AM (1,231 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Ballistic
    OP

Member Ballistic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I was playing around with the EDGE presented by none other than the EDGE team and DSDatabase.org (thanks guys), I was suddenly distracted by some commercial *cough* and accidentally took out the EDGE cart while it was in the DS that it was closed (was on the game menu of EDGE's firmware). I went back to the DS a few minutes later and noticed it was still on. But I could navigate back to the main menu with those 3 selections. Though I wasn't able to go further than that. Nothing special, just though I'd share :]

2. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Heh ya.
    That would be due to the data being stored into the DS ram to display it on screen.
    When the card is removed it simply can't update the rest and sticks to the data still in temporary memory.

I've done this a few times by accident too. Forgeting what I was doing with the DS on in the first place and then deciding to add some more games to the microSD.

Its fun with some games that don't mess up when you take out the card.
    Good for fooling friends or just messing with a garbled mess while you do something else with your card.

Oh and nice DS tank in your sig there btw.

3. Ballistic
    OP

Member Ballistic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh thanks, but it's not mine. I just wanted to express how well the DS is built compared to the new one.

As far temporary thing, I never knew that anything related with slot cards can be ejected and still work. Like I say, nice to mess around with; kinda.

EDIT: So can I add/delete files without turning off my DS by this method?

4. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Um... no.

Usually the program will hang or simply be displaying old data.
    So you'll have to reset the machine anyway.
    Not to mention there could be a small chance of currupted files or what not. But I think thats kinda rare for SD cards. Not really sure, but It's good practice to just assume it will unless that method was intended in the first place. Wich it isn't.
    I highly suggest not doing that just in case.

If you wanna edit files there are file managing homebrew apps out there.
    DSorganize has a file manager and MenuDO should handle it too when its released.
    I use DSorganize alot myself for quick file deleting or renaming. Though it doesn't move or delete files in bulk. Just one at a time.
    Still, very usefull.

You should be able to find that in the GBAtemp downloads section.

5. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Yeah, Ive tried this before just to see what happens, also everything that is text based turns into a many different symbols, letters, and numbers...weird.

6. moodswinger

Member moodswinger GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    This happened to me too but with a different flash cart. I was playing some songs with Lick's Media Player, I accidentally pulled the flash cart out and the song kept playing.