Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
wait is this dead? is there ANY discord clients now?

because of the Discord Developer ToS I'm afraid to publically update the client anymore, because according to the ToS I'm responsible for any damage an user of my client does

Pretty much. Yes, there is one that uses websockets correctly called WhiteHairedCatGirl (or something).

mine also uses WebSockets properly

in fact, I peeked the source code of that, and it seems like still mine is still the most Discord-conformant, regardless of me not yet implementing rate limiting (considering how slow the 3DS is, there's NO WAY someone would go over the rate limit)

D

Deleted User

it kinda sucks that this is dead now
the whitehairedcatgirl one is nice and all but it crashes alot

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
it kinda sucks that this is dead now
the whitehairedcatgirl one is nice and all but it crashes alot

There is a working DiscordCTR build with a nice GUI but it's only released to a small group of people because I could get banned from Discord if someone were to do some bad things using my client.
Also, DiscordCTR used to crash too due to the undocumented gateway changes, so I had to rewrite some of the code and update to the latest gateway version to avoid the crashes.

Buck_Lenski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is either kept between a small group of people or hasn't been updated in a good while. I'm thinking about picking up the source code and bringing it to my team to see if there's anything we can do. though the only one I've found to still be working to this day is the white hair cat girl version which is surprisingly amazing, though, it doesn't support dm messaging nor some features.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Everything is either kept between a small group of people or hasn't been updated in a good while. I'm thinking about picking up the source code and bringing it to my team to see if there's anything we can do. though the only one I've found to still be working to this day is the white hair cat girl version which is surprisingly amazing, though, it doesn't support dm messaging nor some features.

Yeah, that's because the terms of service say that if you use anything but the official unmodified client, the author of the client is responsible for what the users do.
Don't know the extent to where this rule extends to, but don't want to get into trouble if someone were to do something illegal.

Recently I've been really picky about my source code, so if you really need it then you'll have to convince me somehow.

Buck_Lenski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's because the terms of service say that if you use anything but the official unmodified client, the author of the client is responsible for what the users do.
Don't know the extent to where this rule extends to, but don't want to get into trouble if someone were to do something illegal.

Recently I've been really picky about my source code, so if you really need it then you'll have to convince me somehow.
To be honest I'm kind of dumb with these kinds of things lol. I don't have much experience with how the 3ds works with these files. How did you learn how to code for the 3ds?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
To be honest I'm kind of dumb with these kinds of things lol. I don't have much experience with how the 3ds works with these files. How did you learn how to code for the 3ds?

I don't really remember. I think I picked it up by modifying examples, then making my own examples from scratch.

Noshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I keep getting the same error, "the default Gateway is Invalid or Not supported" any ideas of how to fix this?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I keep getting the same error, "the default Gateway is Invalid or Not supported" any ideas of how to fix this?

I would have to fix this, but in a short time I won't be able to even if I wanted to due to the planned changes to deter people from making custom clients.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the cia and 3ds link do not work
You bother reading any of the posts here before typing that? As it is. the new update discord did will not let these apps work anyways. So there is no point to these unless they are fully redone. And from what sono has said. they got no intentions of the sort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k