mesact

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think this is gonna work out in my favor (either way). Hopefully they figure out how to exploit 4.3 before August so I can get Metroid: Other M. I'll make sure to install bootmii as boot2 so I can avoid all of this later lol.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't send your Wii in then if you have the capability of Bootmii Boot2, if it's not having hardware issues. They'll probably send you one back without it.

mesact

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
daxtsu said:
Don't send your Wii in then if you have the capability of Bootmii Boot2, if it's not having hardware issues. They'll probably send you one back without it.
It has BootMii IOS, so you don't have to worry. I lied it up to the guy who spoke with me. Hopefully they send me the stuff for free. Only thing is, this isn't MY wii. I'm going to have to give the family that I hacked this for, MY wii, and keep the 4.3 one......So yeah....No homebrew for a while. Well, no. I'm going to install HBC, but I won't have cIOS
ohnoes.png
which will suck considering the amound of games I've downloaded for my wii.

I'll try to salvage it if I can...but it's looking grim.

MasterMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for not helping, but i have a friend who screwed up a jpn black wii after i softmoded it, installed priiloader and made a NAND backup. Now it just turns on in a black screen and even priiloader doesn't work by holding reset.
I would like to know if i just need to turn it on while holding U+D+L+R in a GC controll and have a original disc in the drive wich has 4.3 update and it will work.
I know 4.3 is homebrew killer, but i think it's better have a unhackable console than a paper weight. And sooner or latter a workaround will appear.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MasterMan said:
Sorry for not helping, but i have a friend who screwed up a jpn black wii after i softmoded it, installed priiloader and made a NAND backup. Now it just turns on in a black screen and even priiloader doesn't work by holding reset.
I would like to know if i just need to turn it on while holding U+D+L+R in a GC controll and have a original disc in the drive wich has 4.3 update and it will work.
I know 4.3 is homebrew killer, but i think it's better have a unhackable console than a paper weight. And sooner or latter a workaround will appear.
You have a NAND backup, so you have BootMii (boot2/IOS) ?

Also, screwed up in what way?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
daxtsu said:
I think it depends HOW it's bricked. If it cannot run at all[missing system IOS], then how can they possibly explore your NAND? it's encrypted, and there's no way to get the keys if the system won't even run, unless they're suddenly using Bootmii on old Wiis..
tongue.gif

Remember they ARE Ninty. They have all the hardware and software documentation of the console. No one ever knows, that's why I said "if".

MasterMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
tj_cool said:
MasterMan said:
You have a NAND backup, so you have BootMii (boot2/IOS) ?

Also, screwed up in what way?
Yes i installed bootmii IOS and all, he said me it was working wonderfully at his house, USB GX and all. But he tryed to watch a DVD in WIIMC but it asked for IOS 202, so he did it and the wii died. I think this is weird, D3-2 drive simply refuses to read burned discs, even original video discs, so could it be the cause?

mesact

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
daxtsu said:
I think it depends HOW it's bricked. If it cannot run at all[missing system IOS], then how can they possibly explore your NAND? it's encrypted, and there's no way to get the keys if the system won't even run, unless they're suddenly using Bootmii on old Wiis..
tongue.gif

Remember they ARE Ninty. They have all the hardware and software documentation of the console. No one ever knows, that's why I said "if".
But if I bricked it to the point of no return, then there's no way they can see it can they? Idk, I'll report back what happens when it happens.

mesact

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I got the wii back and they sent me a brand new one. The only problem is, is that is LU65. I went ahead and rehacked it and everything, but downgraded to IOS249 rev 14 instead of 19. The thing is though, Neogamma recieves DVD READ (error 1101) when trying to play backups. Is this a problem that has to do with the LU65 disc reader? or is it something else?

I might have to invest in a Hard drive now
frown.gif
even though its safer, I don't want to buy one.
*edit* im gonna post this as a new topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Toxic pills are best