Fully bricked my wii (possible low level brick)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by princerock, Oct 8, 2009.

1. princerock
    OP

Newcomer princerock Newbie

United States
    Fully bricked my newly bought wii when trying to upgrade to 4.1 after softmoding. Maybe I should have never done this! Anyways I was following the sticky article and successfully installed hbc, hackmii, patched ios36 (using TBR) and installed cIOS38r14. Everything looked fine until trying to upgrade to 4.0/4.1 following this guide: http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2009/04/syst...stallation.html

Actually even 3.x->4.0 went through. However after I did 4.0->4.1 and it said ready to restart (after all the successful installs), it gave me a blank screen. Remote cannot sync (blinks) and I can do nothing but power it off by holding the power key. I cannot get any system menu.

The questions are:

1. I've made NAND backup before doing this. but I guess I cannot use it as I don't get any menu at all?

2. Is it true that after updrading I lost the preloader? I tried power on while pressing reset but nothing happened.

3. savemiifrii video on youtube looks encouraging and I will try that after get the controller. But even after it succeed, what else should I do after entering the recover mode?

4. Will savemii work? What's the best solution here?

Thanks for your advnice in advance!

2. dai-a

Member dai-a GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you have bootmii installed as boot2 and a nand back up then yes. It should fix your wii [​IMG]

3. raptir

Member raptir GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Were you able to install BootMii as Boot2, or just IOS? If you have it as Boot2, you need to get the BootMii files (I don't have them currently, but someone else could get them for you) and put them on your SD card. Then, when you boot your Wii with that SD card in, it should boot to BootMii and you can restore your NAND backup.

If you don't know if it was installed as Boot2, boot your Wii with no SD card inserted. If the drive light flashes, you have Boot2 installed.

4. robiul

Member robiul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  5. princerock
    OP

Newcomer princerock Newbie

United States
    No. Unfortunately, I installed bootmii as IOS. It didn't allow me to install as boot2. Any hope for this? Thanks!

6. robiul

Member robiul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't think there is.

7. Username?

Banned Username? Banned

Australia
    Preloader?

8. Bloodlust

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    AFAIK, the only update from 4.0 to 4.1 was a change in the system menu. You could have just downloaded it using NUSD and installed it...