Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

Nightboy1230

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey guys, if im on 10.7 US version, do i need any games to proceed or just do normal downgrade by entering the browserhax???

Nightboy1230

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is there any pros here who are working on fixing the browserhax for 10.7?? will it be possible for 10.7 to launch browserhax in the future?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is there any pros here who are working on fixing the browserhax for 10.7?? will it be possible for 10.7 to launch browserhax in the future?
I don't think browserhax will ever be supported by 10.7. Exploits are made possible by mistakes from ninty. If thise mistakes are fixed, exploits will not work anymore unless we found another mistakes. Those other mistakes the devs have found are only from cubic ninja and ocarina.
is a good idea the sysnand update to 11
i can reflash a nand backup for back to 9.2?
Unless you have a9lh installed you can update freely.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bunny5390

Newcomer
Trophies
the Land of the Rising Greenhouse-gas-emissions
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @Plailect, I've got a couple questions about the OTP process. I'm currently running a non-recent CakesFW on a linked 10.7 EmuNAND.

- 1: As I've never formatted either NAND, I should only need to TinyFormat once, correct?

- 2: I've had my EmuNAND for quite a while now, and while I'm fairly sure I've never messed with any system titles, would it be safest to just back up my EmuNAND(#1), format a new one(#2), use that to downgrade, and then flash the old one(#1) to SysNAND after A9LH installation?

- - 2.1: If my EmuNAND boots fine without sig-patches, that means it should also boot fine as SysNAND, right?

- 3: Should I really update EmuNAND to 11.0 before attempting the 2.1 downgrade, or should I just leave it at 10.7 (or 9.2 if I use a new EmuNAND)?

Thank you for your time, and for the awesome in-depth guide!

Last edited by bunny5390,

iluvfuzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this question is in the right place. But I followed your guide from part 4 and everything is working smoothly. However when I try to load homebrew launcher I don't know what exactly I am doing wrong. I got to the part where it says to launch the homebrew launcher at least once to download the payload and it starts out normal I assume but then it starts up like how the 3ds would start up when I had emunand.
Like its the cbtbootmanager. edit:added picture of what ends up showing up after launching homebrew lancher

Attachments

• 20160514_192650.jpg
    20160514_192650.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 1,697
Last edited by iluvfuzz,

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanks!

If it hasn't been noted and if anyone is wondering how long this takes, it took me about 3.5 hours to do the entire process (all 5 parts) from scratch starting with a 10.7 sysNAND on a 2DS. Most of this time was spent waiting for backups and transferring files (the Nintendo 3DS folder was less than 2 GB). It could have maybe be done faster if I had a USB 3.0 SD Reader. I also got kind of lucky with the initial downgrade working on just the third try (this took several more tries with my N3DS).

I'm doing another one now and I've gotten through the first 3 Parts in an hour for FWIW. I'm taking a break before the last two parts.

Also, does DSiWare install in Luma on the a9hl sysNAND and run properly by installing the .cia like any other .cia? I guess I"ll find out in time here; I'm also having a hard time finding the only DSiWare title (Four Swords) I want by itself and not in a bundle of 300+ titles in a 1.5 GB download.. I'll figure it out eventually I guess. I'm surprised there is nothing about DSiWare/GBA in the FAQ section of the guide.

UPDATE: So DSiWare titles do install and run properly in Luma on A9LH which is great! I can finally play Four Swords with both kids now. Stupid Nintendo removing it from the eShop-I'd have gladly paid for it. Instead they make Triforce Heroes which is complete trash and unplayable with others unless they are quite competent.

Last edited by fireguy85,

Nightboy1230

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Browserhax is patched on v.10.6 - 10.7. You'll need cubic ninja or ocarina of time for that to enter the homebrew menu.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say thanks!

If it hasn't been noted and if anyone is wondering how long this takes, it took me about 3.5 hours to do the entire process (all 5 parts) from scratch starting with a 10.7 sysNAND on a 2DS. Most of this time was spent waiting for backups and transferring files (the Nintendo 3DS folder was less than 2 GB). It could have maybe be done faster if I had a USB 3.0 SD Reader. I also got kind of lucky with the initial downgrade working on just the third try (this took several more tries with my N3DS).

I'm doing another one now and I've gotten through the first 3 Parts in an hour for FWIW. I'm taking a break before the last two parts.

Also, does DSiWare install in Luma on the a9hl sysNAND and run properly by installing the .cia like any other .cia? I guess I"ll find out in time here; I'm also having a hard time finding the only DSiWare title (Four Swords) I want by itself and not in a bundle of 300+ titles in a 1.5 GB download.. I'll figure it out eventually I guess. I'm surprised there is nothing about DSiWare/GBA in the FAQ section of the guide.

Just wanna to ask you are downgrading 10.7 using which method?? =)

Volktio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone i have a n3ds with reinand (11.0 emunand) sysnand (9.2) but i unlinked the nands following the steps of another guide in here.
And now i want to follow this guide but in step 4 it says something about : "Secureinfo_A MUST be the same in rednand(emunand) as the sysnand or YOU WILL BRICK".
I wanted to know if unlinking the nands made a different SecureInfo_A or they are still the same.

PD:I haven't change my region never i don't even know what SecureInfo_A is or where it is located.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone i have a n3ds with reinand (11.0 emunand) sysnand (9.2) but i unlinked the nands following the steps of another guide in here.
And now i want to follow this guide but in step 4 it says something about : "Secureinfo_A MUST be the same in rednand(emunand) as the sysnand or YOU WILL BRICK".
I wanted to know if unlinking the nands made a different SecureInfo_A or they are still the same.

PD:I haven't change my region never i don't even know what SecureInfo_A is or where it is located.
If you've never manually modified SecureInfo_A, then it hasn't been changed.

That file contains the system's region code and serial number, plus an RSA signature. This file is never changed on a 3DS unless you're setting up a region-changed EmuNAND, or trying to bypass Miiverse console bans.

Volktio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank so much for answering but i have another question.
i have in my n3ds some cia games installed (and i recently manage to complete my pokedex in aS) is there a way to backup that save or i don't need to do it? (because dumping my emunand copies all the save datas?)

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank so much for answering but i have another question.
i have in my n3ds some cia games installed (and i recently manage to complete my pokedex in aS) is there a way to backup that save or i don't need to do it? (because dumping my emunand copies all the save datas?)
It's written in the guide in bold.
If everything goes according to plan, you will lose no data and end up with everything that you started with (games, NNID, saves, etc will be preserved).

Now, obviously, no one prevents you from backing up your saves (especially the ones you care about most) for extra safety, in case something goes wrong ;)

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This guy on Facebook is being a complete ass-hat. What should I say to completely shut him down? He's obviously believing in ancient rumors.

View attachment 49750
Don't insult him at any moment even if he deserves so (from spreading bullshit without checking anything first). It will just make him think you're out of arguments and try to enforce your "opinion" (which isn't an opinion but facts).

Then, as an answer to that precise last message of him in your screenshot, I'd say you could tell him that arm9loaderhax runs before the firwmare so whatever Nintendo tries with their updates happens while you're already in control. And maybe give him a link to something like Plailect's guide or the thread that explained arm9loaderhax ("technical disscussion" or something like that) so he'll need proofs of what he says next. If he's an idiot, he'll try a come-back but whatever he tries will fail, and at least, everyone who reads your conversation will not believe his lies since you gave proofs.

zephor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your guide cover how to approach this if I have a new3DS XL with rxTools on emuNAND. Don't mind losing games, since I can just reinstall backups/play off the carts, but I would really prefer not losing the saves. Have had problems in the past backing those up, and then not being able to get them loaded back up :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw