Full pokemon game hack?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Gh0sti, Dec 16, 2009.

Dec 16, 2009

Full pokemon game hack? by Gh0sti at 8:14 PM (10,027 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Gh0sti
    OP

Member Gh0sti iOS Guru

United States
    does anyone know of a hack for any of the newer games that has all 4 regions in it and every pokemon is available, or does some one know if anyone is working on a hack like that?

2. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
  3. EverlongNDS

Newcomer EverlongNDS Advanced Member

Portugal
    Nop, and no

4. DeltaBladeX

Member DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    Not likely to happen, since I doubt there would be enough area maps in the game to alter for it to contain 4 full sized areas and everything in them. Maybe if someone made a PC Pokemon game, it could be expanded like that.

Since there is already a topic here asking about Pokemon mods, is there one that actually changes the area + possibly the story? I want to play a Pokemon hack like some of the better GBA ones, but can only play DS games on my DS since I'm without a Slot 2 card. Or are DS Pokemon hacks currently limited to simply adding the entire Pokedex to the area featured in DDP?

5. Whooosh

Member Whooosh GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    yep, iv heard of 1 or 2 patches like these but i dunno if there completed yet, not here but, i think it was pokesav community or another site like that.

One was called pokemon orichaleum, it even included all new pokemon hacked into game(not hacked versions of pokemon already in game but ALL NEW) 4regions? there was one with 4 regions but i think orichaleum uses a new hacked map.

6. UniqueGeek

Member UniqueGeek PMD Researcher

United States
    I'm not aware of one, but it is possible. Impactical, but possible.

7. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Lol, it's almost impossible. It would take a lot of time and effort to make this kind of hack.

8. edes

Newcomer edes Advanced Member

United States
    someone in pokecommunity was working on it, but I'm not sure if they are still working on it.

9. Poryhack

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I know a guy who is probably at the forefront of pokemon map hacking and he says adding maps is not so hard as you would think. Basically just adding an entry to a table.

Depending on the forum he'll go as either Alpha or pokesplash.

10. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    Granted its not as easy as most think, its still dificult and requires a basic understanding of the games and hacking them. Anyways, I dont think a hack like this could be done on any generation before 4, simply because Gen 1-3 didnt have the map space for all 4 regions. Apparently Gen 4 does, but we dont know how to make maps for it, as far as I know.

11. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    I've never heard of a hack like that before...But, yeah, it WOULD take a long time just to fuse all Pokemons and Squeeze all of the Maps together...That would take like months or so, depending on how many people are working on it. So, no, there is no hack that includes the all 4 regions, or Pokemon.

12. metal01

Member metal01 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would kill for this though.

13. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    Well there are editors for starter pokemon, pokedex and wild pokemon locations, but there is no map hacking program for gen 4 yet.

14. Poryhack

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    We're talking about a ROM here. There's no space limitation. The powers of two stuff is a physical limitation because there's only so much flash memory in the card. With ROMs you're only limited to the amount of memory on the storage device.

EDIT: For the record yes, it's still out of most people's scope. There's people working on a lot less possible things out there though. (Pokemon isn't exactly a prime target for those kinds of people unfortunately... Or maybe fortunately.)

15. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Well, if I knew more on Hacking and stuff I would be working on projects like these...but I don't have time to do these things. Well, maybe in the summer I do. I might as well learn bit by bit. Pretty interesting to me.