ROM Hack Full pokemon game hack?

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Not likely to happen, since I doubt there would be enough area maps in the game to alter for it to contain 4 full sized areas and everything in them. Maybe if someone made a PC Pokemon game, it could be expanded like that.

Since there is already a topic here asking about Pokemon mods, is there one that actually changes the area + possibly the story? I want to play a Pokemon hack like some of the better GBA ones, but can only play DS games on my DS since I'm without a Slot 2 card. Or are DS Pokemon hacks currently limited to simply adding the entire Pokedex to the area featured in DDP?

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yep, iv heard of 1 or 2 patches like these but i dunno if there completed yet, not here but, i think it was pokesav community or another site like that.

One was called pokemon orichaleum, it even included all new pokemon hacked into game(not hacked versions of pokemon already in game but ALL NEW) 4regions? there was one with 4 regions but i think orichaleum uses a new hacked map.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBladeX said:
is there one that actually changes the area + possibly the story? I want to play a Pokemon hack like some of the better GBA ones, but can only play DS games on my DS since I'm without a Slot 2 card. Or are DS Pokemon hacks currently limited to simply adding the entire Pokedex to the area featured in DDP?
I'm not aware of one, but it is possible. Impactical, but possible.

edes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone in pokecommunity was working on it, but I'm not sure if they are still working on it.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a guy who is probably at the forefront of pokemon map hacking and he says adding maps is not so hard as you would think. Basically just adding an entry to a table.

Depending on the forum he'll go as either Alpha or pokesplash.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Poryhack said:
I know a guy who is probably at the forefront of pokemon map hacking and he says adding maps is not so hard as you would think. Basically just adding an entry to a table.

Granted its not as easy as most think, its still dificult and requires a basic understanding of the games and hacking them. Anyways, I dont think a hack like this could be done on any generation before 4, simply because Gen 1-3 didnt have the map space for all 4 regions. Apparently Gen 4 does, but we dont know how to make maps for it, as far as I know.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of a hack like that before...But, yeah, it WOULD take a long time just to fuse all Pokemons and Squeeze all of the Maps together...That would take like months or so, depending on how many people are working on it. So, no, there is no hack that includes the all 4 regions, or Pokemon.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DeltaBladeX said:
Not likely to happen, since I doubt there would be enough area maps in the game to alter for it to contain 4 full sized areas and everything in them. Maybe if someone made a PC Pokemon game, it could be expanded like that.

Since there is already a topic here asking about Pokemon mods, is there one that actually changes the area + possibly the story? I want to play a Pokemon hack like some of the better GBA ones, but can only play DS games on my DS since I'm without a Slot 2 card. Or are DS Pokemon hacks currently limited to simply adding the entire Pokedex to the area featured in DDP?

Well there are editors for starter pokemon, pokedex and wild pokemon locations, but there is no map hacking program for gen 4 yet.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrashmanX said:
Poryhack said:

Granted its not as easy as most think, its still dificult and requires a basic understanding of the games and hacking them. Anyways, I dont think a hack like this could be done on any generation before 4, simply because Gen 1-3 didnt have the map space for all 4 regions. Apparently Gen 4 does, but we dont know how to make maps for it, as far as I know.
We're talking about a ROM here. There's no space limitation. The powers of two stuff is a physical limitation because there's only so much flash memory in the card. With ROMs you're only limited to the amount of memory on the storage device.

EDIT: For the record yes, it's still out of most people's scope. There's people working on a lot less possible things out there though. (Pokemon isn't exactly a prime target for those kinds of people unfortunately... Or maybe fortunately.)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if I knew more on Hacking and stuff I would be working on projects like these...but I don't have time to do these things. Well, maybe in the summer I do. I might as well learn bit by bit. Pretty interesting to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety