OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
ftpii is an FTP server for the Nintendo Wii.

*** USAGE ***

Copy ftpii/ to /apps/ on an SD-card and use The Homebrew Channel,
or load boot.elf using your favourite mechanism (wiiload, Twilight Hack, ISO etc...).

To specify a password via The Homebrew Channel, rename the apps/ftpii directory to apps/ftpii_YourPassword.
To specify a password via wiiload, pass an argument e.g. wiiload boot.elf YourPassword.
To specify a password remotely, use the SITE PASSWD and SITE NOPASSWD commands.

A working DVDx installation is required for the DVD features.

*** HISTORY ***

For subversion changes since 0.0.6, see http://code.google.com/p/ftpii/source/list

Enabled SD Gecko at /gcsda and /gcsdb. (thanks dhewg!)
Added NAND image support at /nand (libnandimg).
Added NAND filesystem support at /isfs (libisfs).
Added detection of device removal and insertion for Front SD, SD Gecko, USB and DVD.
Use transparency in The Homebrew Channel icon. (thanks wilson.p.alex!)

If it supports NAND images, this could be a great way to backup your Wii NAND. I hope DVD dumping WOD support is improved.

Download: FTPii 0.0.18

BrandonG777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I just updated mine and found a new folder called /wod and inside appears to be an image of the current disc inside my Wii. Can I use this to dump images instead of Wii Dumper. I started downloading and it is damn near twice as fast as Wii Dumper.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
BrandonG777 said:
Hey I just updated mine and found a new folder called /wod and inside appears to be an image of the current disc inside my Wii. Can I use this to dump images instead of Wii Dumper. I started downloading and it is damn near twice as fast as Wii Dumper.

Definitely. I haven't been able to get it to detect my Wii discs, sadly.

I'm also getting errors on NAND image dumps (they "finish" at only ~250MB). I've filed a Issue Report at the SVN repository regarding it.

If NAND is rewritable, it could be a great backup utility. Browsing the NAND itself is useful, as you don't have to use simplistic programs like the FS Dumper. You can select which files to download.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
BrandonG777 said:

How fast? Are you comparing Wii DVD dumper through network aswell?

I get about 475kilobytes/sec using a LAN adapter, and about 300kilobytes/sec using a wireless connection (same for both wiihttpd and dvd dumper).

Hemmm, i wonder if any of FTPii can also create a successful rip of a video dvd
blink.gif
?

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i can't seem to see my nand img at all, not sure if i'm doing this right... but /nand just gives the error "no device found".

also /isfs displays /shared1, /sys, /ticket, /import as individual files and not folders... the contents inside cannot be seen, not sure if this is a bug too...

BrandonG777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
BrandonG777 said:

How fast? Are you comparing Wii DVD dumper through network aswell?

I get about 475kilobytes/sec using a LAN adapter, and about 300kilobytes/sec using a wireless connection (same for both wiihttpd and dvd dumper).

Hemmm, i wonder if any of FTPii can also create a successful rip of a video dvd
blink.gif
?

Was getting like 550kb/s through Wifi. And yes I was comparing Wii Dumper through wifi as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.