FTPii 0.0.18 Release

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by WB3000, Jan 18, 2009.

Jan 18, 2009

FTPii 0.0.18 Release by WB3000 at 10:09 PM (1,773 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. WB3000
    OP

Member WB3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If it supports NAND images, this could be a great way to backup your Wii NAND. I hope DVD dumping WOD support is improved.

Download: FTPii 0.0.18

2. BrandonG777

Newcomer BrandonG777 Member

United States
    Hey I just updated mine and found a new folder called /wod and inside appears to be an image of the current disc inside my Wii. Can I use this to dump images instead of Wii Dumper. I started downloading and it is damn near twice as fast as Wii Dumper.

3. WB3000
    OP

Member WB3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Definitely. I haven't been able to get it to detect my Wii discs, sadly.

I'm also getting errors on NAND image dumps (they "finish" at only ~250MB). I've filed a Issue Report at the SVN repository regarding it.

If NAND is rewritable, it could be a great backup utility. Browsing the NAND itself is useful, as you don't have to use simplistic programs like the FS Dumper. You can select which files to download.

4. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    How fast? Are you comparing Wii DVD dumper through network aswell?

I get about 475kilobytes/sec using a LAN adapter, and about 300kilobytes/sec using a wireless connection (same for both wiihttpd and dvd dumper).

Hemmm, i wonder if any of FTPii can also create a successful rip of a video dvd [​IMG] ?

5. xoinx

Member xoinx GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    i can't seem to see my nand img at all, not sure if i'm doing this right... but /nand just gives the error "no device found".

also /isfs displays /shared1, /sys, /ticket, /import as individual files and not folders... the contents inside cannot be seen, not sure if this is a bug too...

6. BrandonG777

Newcomer BrandonG777 Member

United States
    Was getting like 550kb/s through Wifi. And yes I was comparing Wii Dumper through wifi as well.