Homebrew [ftp server] ftbrony, by mtheall

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not claiming any credit, I'm just happy to find a server that works for me so I can stop rebooting and ejecting. It's made by mtheall, with a couple of other contributors (github here), all I've done is build it and cobble together the needed images to make a .cia

Download includes the built .cia, the folder containing .3dsx and .smdh for the homebrew launcher, and the extra files needed for making a .cia (in case you want to change the images or build a new version or whateverthefuck). Source not included, github link is just up there remember?

Edit: haven't tested yet but piratesephiroth posted a fixed version that hopefully doesn't break on file transfers:
here (use this one)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how this different from ftpony?

It's basically FTPony, but more magical actually works on different FTP clients like those on Linux. It doesn't completely freeze when passing the LIST () command to it like ftpony does, it supports multiple clients, and I'd imagine at this rate it'll probably be a lot more maintained than FTPony.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, it works.

It's basically FTPony, but more magical actually works on different FTP clients like those on Linux. It doesn't completely freeze when passing the LIST () command to it like ftpony does, it supports multiple clients, and I'd imagine at this rate it'll probably be a lot more maintained than FTPony.
Yeah FTPony basically didn't work at all for me. Testing it now FTPbrony works instantly and FTPony can't even connect. I've had it connect in the past after a few tries but it usually cuts out before I'm finished.
Another upside is the fact it lets you exit the app directly after starting it. It was frustrating not being able to do that in FTPony and having to do the 10 second hard reset thing if you want to exit.

TheOne61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm new at this stuff .. so can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Trying to use winSCP. I put the IP and the port, but it just says Connection Timed out. Any help? Is there a username and password I'm supposed to have .. right now it's blank.

[EDIT]

Sorry, got it working. I have two networks in my home - one for 5Ghz and one for 2.4Ghz. Seems like I had to be on the 2.4Ghz frequency to make it work. (Never had to do that with other devices I use winSCP for - some restriction with ftpbrony??)

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, got it working. I have two networks in my home - one for 5Ghz and one for 2.4Ghz. Seems like I had to be on the 2.4Ghz frequency to make it work. (Never had to do that with other devices I use winSCP for - some restriction with ftpbrony??)

I don't think the 3ds even supports 5GHz.

MikeBeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason I managed to transfer over the 3D Snake brew, but for the life of me I can not get SNES .smc files to go into the SNES folder for BlargSnes, arrgggghhhh :(

D

Deleted-19228

I was testing this for a guy, didn't realize anyone made it "public" it had a lot of issues breaking files during transfers or having to resend multiple times to get a 500KB file over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto