Front Mission 1st NDS Wep range Mod request

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Zilchrion, Aug 23, 2010.

Aug 23, 2010
  1. Zilchrion
    OP

Newcomer Zilchrion Newbie

United States
    I am a big fan of the Front mission series. Although after playing the squeals, I just cant get over the fact that in the first game you cant have any distance between your firearm and the enemy. Other than the number of parts you can hit with a gun, you might as well call a gun in FM 1st a melee weapon.

I know this is a big request to just ask. But if you someone were to make a mod that adds range to the guns in FM 1st. The mod will most likely be well known mod for the series and for the NDS for you to slab your name on it. Even though I love how the original game is currently played (currently 21hour in game and finished it 2 other times). I just wish it had the "range mechanic" that the squeals had.

But yeah here are some suggestion to point this awesome person in the right direction!

Machine Gun Distance = 3 squares

Shot Gun Distance = 2 squares

Riffle Distance = 5 squares

Bazookas already have range on them so this mean you have to increase the distance. I think currently for most of them it is 3-6 squares. I know this will seem like a lot but if every one else have range it really isnt. Bazooka Distance = 4 - 8

Missiles are probably fine the way they are. But do as you see fit while testing the mod.

Now I know adding range will break some of the mechanics in the game. So here here are some suggestion to fix them. Its okay if this cant be done, but Im going to suggest them if possible:

Make it so that you cant attack the enemy behind a enemy unit. And vice versa. This excludes missiles

If you want to go the extra mile add distance of each weapon in the weapons description. ( This one isnt necessary though )

Dont forget the "Large" Wanzer units. I think the mod creator should determine whats fair play while testing it.

Also some Arm parts on the wanzers have guns on them in case you forget. ( Not entirely necessary no one really uses these parts )

Land elevation changes the range distance of the gun.

Think of your own during your processes.

SO YAH there you have it. It is a lot to randomly ask for, but I think it should be a simple enough mod. I would do it my self if I had any knowledge about rom hacking, hence this post. (jokingly saying this) Im kind of talking to you people who love to edit/hack the pokemon games so fucking much! How about modding a classy game like Front Mission 1st!

This would be a awesome mod. As I dream on~

2. dukemagus

Member dukemagus GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    too hard and with a single person wanting it... forget the whole idea or start reading some romhacking material

3. Zilchrion
    OP

Newcomer Zilchrion Newbie

United States
    As long as others read this post and think that this is a good idea, I am not just a single person.

4. dukemagus

Member dukemagus GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    as long as you ask miracles FOR FREE to people that have little-to-no interest in doing it, no matter how many people read it, nothing will be done...

unless YOU start to do something other than asking busy people to do hard work!

read this:

http://gbatemp.net/t73394-gbatemp-rom-hack...ion-project-wip

now start hacking the rom yourself