Homebrew From the hard drive

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking into using my external hard drive for homebrew as well as backups. Simple enough really. I've got backups working just fine, now I've moved on to homebrew.

I shrunk the drive down, leaving a majority of room for backups and about 20GBs for homebrew, plenty really. I've formatted the 20GB partition to Fat32, the file system is exactly the same as it is on my 8GB SD card, yet it doesn't show up at all in the homebrew channel. I've even selected the USB settings and such in the channel it self. I honestly have no clue what's wrong.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PsyBlade said:
iirc hbc only supports reading from the first partition of the drive
This is most likely the problem. It has to be the first partition of the drive. Your only solution seems to be to backup everything elsewhere and reformat the first partition to FAT32.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you use linux I can tell you how to switch two partitions around using fdisk without copying everything
don't know how to do it in windows (not counting hexeditors)

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, this is proving to be far more difficult then I thought it would be. Windows wont reformat the drive to Fat32, just exFat or NTFS. I use a program to format it to Fat32, but I can't shrink it inside windows. I prefer my backup drive to be NTFS to be quite honest.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BenRK said:
Oh wow, this is proving to be far more difficult then I thought it would be. Windows wont reformat the drive to Fat32, just exFat or NTFS.
If you are using Disk Management in Windows, it will not allow you to format as FAT32 if it is too big. You will have to use a program like Easeus Partition Manager in order to do it. However, assuming you have an SD card, it is probably more trouble than it is worth.

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, I was just wanting to see how well this would do for holding ROMS and emulators as well as possible NAND stuff, freeing up my SD card for the SD Channel menu on the Wii. 8GBs is a lot, and I'm not hurting on space at the moment, but even so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm