from Haxchi to Aroma, games wont run

liquidgykill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I just changed my Wii U from Haxchi to Aroma, followed all instructions, now any game I try to run says either: "This software cannot be used" or "corrupted data" or just plain freezes my wii u.
what did I missed? people said Aroma was better, now I cant play anything!
I had no problems on haxchi, all my games and homebrew run without problems.

liquidgykill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
In order to get your games working on Aroma you need to follow this guide very carefully:
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/
I followed that exact guide.

I found the issue:
It seems I needed a file called 01_sigpatches.rpx

01_sigpatches.rpx needs to go on the following path to run games:
SD card>wiiu>environment>aroma>modules>setup

There is nothing in that guide about this...
I didnt had that file since Haxchi never needed/asked me about it to run anything.

liquidgykill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Because you don't need it for Aroma to work.
Well now Im confused
I followed that guide exactly as it was explained, and after finishing I couldnt open any game, vc title or homebrew game (like ship of harkinian).
i was able to do it only after installing that thing,
why did it work if it wasnt needed???

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now Im confused
I followed that guide exactly as it was explained, and after finishing I couldnt open any game, vc title or homebrew game (like ship of harkinian).
i was able to do it only after installing that thing,
why did it work if it wasnt needed???

Because it is not needed to get Aroma itself working, but you definitely need it for the games, I also just found out this is not in the Aroma section of the guide.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You only need the sigpatch so you can run those games that you get from the seven seas.
That's not true: Injects and homebrew channels need them, too.

For most homebrews there are updates available. Like SoH ships a .wuhb file which works on Aroma without sigpatches. With other homebrews you're out of luck and there is zero help from the Aroma devs and guide authors.
Changing SM64 from channel to .rpx is not the same experience.

For injects they say the UWUVCI guide covers it, completely ignoring that there are more injectors than just UWUVCI as well as that most people don't even know the UWUVCI guide exists and that the UWIVCI guide is nowhere linked to on the Aroma guide, not even at the FAQ.

I'm arguing that the Aroma guide should cover sigpatches for exactly these reasons since a long time but nobody seems to agree... 🤷‍♂️

liquidgykill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
That's not true: Injects and homebrew channels need them, too.

For most homebrews there are updates available. Like SoH ships a .wuhb file which works on Aroma without sigpatches. With other homebrews you're out of luck and there is zero help from the Aroma devs and guide authors.
Changing SM64 from channel to .rpx is not the same experience.

For injects they say the UWUVCI guide covers it, completely ignoring that there are more injectors than just UWUVCI as well as that most people don't even know the UWUVCI guide exists and that the UWIVCI guide is nowhere linked to on the Aroma guide, not even at the FAQ.

I'm arguing that the Aroma guide should cover sigpatches for exactly these reasons since a long time but nobody seems to agree... 🤷‍♂️
This,
Thank you for explaining it better than me, yesterday I did knew nothing about aroma since Ive been in Haxchi since forever but I decided to jump because some homebrew is not updated/supported or was not made for "legacy" CFW.

I wanted to know what type of MLC/MMC my system has since I read some wii u's are not booting anymore because of some cheap bad batches of chips, so I needed to install Wii U Ident wich is not compatible with Haxchi.

Also after installing Aroma I realized it doesnt support Reteoarch and also hangs and freezes on some legacy homebrew apps like gamepad tester.

Fortunately SM64 HD still works for me in channel version but SOH channel didnt, I have to run it from the rpx.

Aroma has some nice things too, like being able to swap screens with a button, very handy for DS games that lock the main action on the bottom screen.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and also hangs and freezes on some legacy homebrew apps
Most of them have been updated to fix this already, so look out for these updates. :)

it doesnt support Reteoarch
It's in the works. Until then it is no problem to put the Tiramisu files beside Aroma on the SD card and dual-boot when needed.

but SOH channel didnt, I have to run it from the rpx.
Newest releases have a .wuhb file, too, which has been specially made for Aroma. Always look out for these .wuhb files for homebrews as they are better integrated into Aroma than their .rpx counterparts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: I remember you