Frogger Returns on WiiWare and PSN!

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
After the announcement of Excitebike World Rally, here's another classic game coming to WiiWare!

QUOTE said:
Konami shocked us by announcing a complete reboot of Frogger, reimagined by American McGee as a dark, twisted platformer about a frog on a quest for revenge.

Wait, they didn't do that. Instead, they announced Frogger Returns, a by-the-numbers follow-up to the arcade classic that has you taking the titular mascot from one side of the screen to the other. This modern take on the franchise adds a few power-ups (like the ability to reverse and stop time) and invincibility. Whoa, who knew frogs could do all that?

Frogger Returns promises to be "12 times the size of the original" and will also offer "local multiplayer," according to the official press release. No details on price were revealed, but Konami's aiming for a release on both WiiWare and PlayStation Network later this fall.

2009-07-16_16-48-10.jpg

Source + more screenshots

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved frogger. If this is anything like the original, it will be a day one purchase! Thanks for the information!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    For batch operations.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Massivley so. Glad I'm getting more experienced with it now
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "Hey can you make this [inane change] on 50 servers?" Yes.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The scenario in question is to do disk erases on some storage servers at my job that have I think 12x 14TB spinners, SATA SSDs, and nvme disks. The process I'm using to erase the spinners is to kick off an ATA Security Erase in the disk's firmware, then once that's done do a dd zero-fill as a second pass.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    These spinners take like 22h per each of those operations
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'll admit sometimes it takes me longer to write and debug a script that will do that for me, than it would take me to make the changes manually, but this is more fun.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And running it over a serial console I'd either have to spin up a dozen and a half screen sessions or just run one operation at a time
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wrote a horrifyingly long one-liner to do all of that - spin up a shitload of screen sessions, run these commands to it, pipe output to kmsg so it shows up in the default tty's shell, and some other shit on top of that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Can't you run pssh?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Some day I'll write out a properly formatted shell script that lives on our firmware server or git repo and just call that, and have that handle every kind of server we run much more gracefully than my hobbled together atrocity does right now
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pssh - nope. 1, what I'm doing gets done from our bootable provisioning environment, and you can only interface with that via serial console - we don't accept ssh connections on the servers in that state, and 2, I don't even know if our bootable environment has pssh baked into it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    3, I've never even heard of it before lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Anyway I can open serial console sessions to multiple devices at the same time, and broadcast my input to all of them (iTerm on Mac is the terminal emulator I'm using). It's just a matter of how many commands I'd have to run by hand, and how long they'd take otherwise lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just assumed you were working via SSH. I know my way around that. If a server is only accessible locally it's waaay beyond saving from my end so I let the DC team work on that :tpi:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I *am* the DC team :P the remote arm of it, anyway
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Trust me, I wish I could do everything I need to do via ssh. Working through these serial console servers suuuuuucks in comparison
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    SSH rules
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I love that there's a network filesystem that runs on top of ssh - sshfs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use it in most of my home network for mounting network storage in various *nix VMs
  • Veho @ Veho:
    sshfs you say...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I use SFTP but it doesn't have the bells and whistles.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dumb dx11 and lutris
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sshfs allows you to mount networked storage on a machine as a FUSE filesystem. It's sftp under the hood but has all of the interactivity and usability you'd expect of a locally mounted filesystem. Downside, it can slow down a little bit with massive directories, but I haven't personally run into that yet
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This perspective is all linux oriented fwiw. I believe there's an sshfs driver for Windows, but I haven't used it yet. and no idea for MacOS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ftp is life if not on wifi
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ftp is life if not on wifi