Hacking Friends DS powers on but nothing happened

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Any ideas?

Loose connection inside? Screens need replacing?

He bought this second hand as faulty at a car boot, no explination.

D

Deleted User

There might be a srceen wire loose this happened mine when i changed the cover on it.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland 1 said:
There might be a srceen wire loose this happened mine when i changed the cover on it.
Yeah but doesn't the bottom screen flash when this happens?

D

Deleted User

ShatteredScreens said:
Ireland 1 said:
Yeah but doesn't the bottom screen flash when this happens?

it does i dont know what else could be wrong with it sorry

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Must be bricked then. What a waste of £1
tongue.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
If only there was some way to replace the firmware on it...unfortunately without anything working its impossible to flash it.

Open it up and display the parts somewhere to prove you're an electronics efficianado

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, you can fix them (I think). But it takes 2 DSs, and I don't really want to take mine apart to fix a DS that might not even be fixable
tongue.gif

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Have you checked the wire running accross the top screen is in place, when it's been knocked or moved it often causes nothing to be displayed upon powering up, if that fails, use it for parts.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
luke_c said:
Have you checked the wire running accross the top screen is in place, when it's been knocked or moved it often causes nothing to be displayed upon powering up, if that fails, use it for parts.
It's not mine and I've not seen it or had it to hold in person, but I'm pretty sure if a connection is loose on one of the screens the other screen will at least flash. Unless lots of connections are loose... But my friend said the case looks pretty original, so I doubt it's been taken apart unless to replace a screen.

I dunno, I'll try get a look at it sometime. In the mean time I'mma try buy me a broken DS of my own
smileipb2.png

eine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Something like this also happened to my friend's DS, which was also considered a faulty 2nd hand.
One morning he played Devil survivor for around 30mins. Got tired and turned it off. then after around 10-15mins, he opened it up again. Nothing happened. He showed it to me. The "clicks" of the hinge sounded fine. Battery and cart was seated right. I then noticed that during the boot sequence, even though the green LED was lit, no DS chime would be heard. I then told him to have it checked by a pro.

Few days pass. His DS was alive again. He didn't bring it to a repeair centre. He said it just worked fine one morning. LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-