Homebrew FretFury

eldhand

Trophies
XP
Country
penguindefender said:
Hi. I'm only gonna be here for a little while, so I'm just gonna say what I think. I agree with alex. We should use .ogg files if possible. The files are smaller, easy to convert to if needed, and the quality is just fine.

@anyone who posts charts
Please do NOT post any song files with your chart. I don't want this project to get shut down, because it encourages file sharing. Just post your charts, people will get the songs they need by their own means.

If I need to draw anything, please tell me now. I will only be here for the next hour (working the night shift again).

How about this: draw the character that we will be, and name him..............

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Alex said:
Antoligy said:
012345678910 said:
(Offensive?)
ZOMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU JUST BROKE THE RULES AND GAVE A LINK TO A WEBSITE THAT GIVES COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL FOR FREE!
I'M REPORTING AND HOPE THE BAN HAMMER MISSES (after I wait for someone to read the post that is!)

Don't post in all caps.
lecture.gif

And yes, there's a nifty "Report" button. It's quite useful.
rofl... k, no caps for now.
i used the 1337 report button, useful is it not?

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what does everyone think? Is it too early to design a character, or should I go ahead and make one? Also, where would we put the character?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Musturd said:
MOONSHELL SOURCE CODE: Moonshell uses mp2 audio. I need to use the audio streaming code from Moonshell. It is OpenSource which means the source code should exist somewhere on the internet.
I have a feeling that moonshell isn't gcc compatible any more.

eldhand

Trophies
XP
Country
penguindefender said:
So, what does everyone think? Is it too early to design a character, or should I go ahead and make one? Also, where would we put the character?

You bastard, you stole my idea! LOL
rofl2.gif

You know in later version we will actually have a fretbord like real GT, i think. So my idea is that you make a little flash film when the character is playing. I know it maybe it take too long time and it maybe is difficult, but what the heck, I mean you don't have so much to do so you could maybe do this.

PS:The flash film with the character is playing guitar is in the background

Musturd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to think of other things until I get a custom song running. (But it you want to start designing stuff, be my guest)
I could use a low quality ogg vorbis instead of a low quality mp2 file, but the ogg vorbis files on fretsonfire, I think, will take to long to decode.

I'm going to try mp2 files first, and maybe add support for ogg vorbis later. The reason is that DPG files it moonshell use mp2 for their audio. If I can find the source code, it can be easily ported to fretfury, I could look at the lmp-ng source code for ogg vorbis (actually I will right now), but I have a feeling that the lmp-ng uses the ARM9 for sound (because there isn't any video running aswell) and I am almost sure that Moonshell uses the ARM7 for sound (which is what we have to do.)

If you don't understand that ARM9 and ARM7 stuff, look for a non-PALib ds homebrew tutorial and it should explain nicely.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@musturd
So, what kind of format did wazmo use for SLTS? The quality of that song is good enough for me.

@eldhand
I just want you to know that I did not steal your idea. I was merely asking what everyone else thought about it. Sorry that you misinterpreted. If we do end up putting a character in the game, you will be credited.

I gonna be here for a little while longer. Can anyone think of anything that has not been drawn that is necessary for the game?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Moonshell 1.71 source isn't going to help you too much unless you have the $6000 ARM SDT compiler available. 1.6x should build with GCC I presume.

Musturd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to compile with GCC (I'm only going to take a little snippet of code) and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll try 1.6
Thanks for the Link!!
yaynds.gif

wazmo used raw files which I believe are extremely big. I'll look into them, if you want me to.

eldhand

Trophies
XP
Country
penguindefender said:
@musturd
So, what kind of format did wazmo use for SLTS? The quality of that song is good enough for me.

@eldhand
I just want you to know that I did not steal your idea. I was merely asking what everyone else thought about it. Sorry that you misinterpreted. If we do end up putting a character in the game, you will be credited.

I gonna be here for a little while longer. Can anyone think of anything that has not been drawn that is necessary for the game?

did you like the idea of flash film?

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but I don't know how to run flash at all. I am also not sure if homebrew will support flash. Still, it is a good idea.

Musturd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I regret to inform everyone that this is going to take a very long time for me to do, since school is starting soon, etc.
I have an idea.
I think wazmo should continue updating his code fixing bugs whatever (I don't understand it, so I can't), while I work on the custom song support feature. I want to say by thanksgiving I might have it done, but by Christmas for sure. I'm sorry for not being a fast coder, but I like being OCD-organized in my code, so that is quite annoying.

Also, I'm going to try raw-custom songs (the format wazmo uses) first, before mp2 or ogg vorbis or mp3, because it is very easy to play in ARM7.
^^ using raw first will increase my coding speed
I'll keep coding, post updates and problems often, but I just want to let everyone know where I am.
unsure.gif

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drop out
happy.gif
lol yeah it seems rather far from being "Ready" but soon
happy.gif
that's if time goes by fast lol
glare.gif
*darn you time!!!*

Musturd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It can't run flash, unfortunately... at least not yet. And if someone does figure it out, I doubt a game would run while playing a flash file.

but a series of 20 or so backgrounds could make a nice movie-ish things (if you know what I mean)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: