Hacking freezing. . . A LOT

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, is this normal? for some strange reason, lately my cyclo ds has been freezing, i end up having to turn off my ds and turning back on, only to go back to the normal menu. so i have to actually take the game out, and put it back in about 3 times until it may work again. and its annoying. Anyway to fix this?

frantier123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The only freezing problem I got is with my GTA Chinatown Wars. However, try updating your firmware, or delete the CycloDS folder then let it recreate again. My freezing problem was cured after doing both
wink.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only had freezing for GTA too and nothing could fix it, so I downloaded the patched version which doesn't freeze.

Your problem sounds more like a MicroSD issue. Reformat and if that doesn't fix it then it's time to get a new one.

Slyde1052

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Russia
Make sure you're not accidentally tapping or touching the cart in the console while you're playing. I have big hands and this happens to me more often than I'd like.

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it'll be any game! thats the weird thing, usually it was only with GTA since well everyone had that issue. but lately its been just freezing randomly. i hope its not a SD card issue, if so, back to 1GB
frown.gif

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sometimes it plays up.

I usually take it out of the DS and take the SD card out and put it back in again.

If it always happens, you would most likely need to format your card and load everything back up again.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dodol said:
for GTA replace only ARM9, don't replace ARM7. no freeze yet (20 hours into the game)
True, but that causes really annoying lag.

Just download the latest beta firmware. It fixes pretty much everything.

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
Copy all the files on it to your computer, format the SD card (not quick format. Seriously format it.) Copy the files back to the SD card.

Does the problem persist after you have done this?

what are you talking about.....quick format is all you need, if you do full format, you do way to much reading/writing to the card as it formats, thus reducing its life span..

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
Heran Bago said:
Copy all the files on it to your computer, format the SD card (not quick format. Seriously format it.) Copy the files back to the SD card.

There is no need to format. Simply moving everything off, then back on, will have the same effect as a format for microSD memory (and will use far less write cycles in the process).

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own.
STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
STEP 6: Try another DS.
STEP 7: Possibly the "GAMES" you have are faulty. You know what to do here...
STEP 8: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card.

DarkZBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Format your card, or use the new beta firmware.

1.55 B2 it has fixes for GTA Chinatown Wars, and it stopped freezing for me after that.

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
Fatboy12345236 said:
It could be the speed of your card at minimum make certain you have a Class 4 or higher (Mines class 6)
The class refers to the write speed, not the read speed. Because flash carts are generally reading data from the card more than they are writing it, the class doesn't have much of an impact.

Class 2 - 2 Mbps, write speed
Class 4 - 4 Mbps, write speed
Class 6 - 6 Mbps, write speed

But I'm not going to argue - I've got a class 6 myself and wouldn't settle for anything less
wink.gif
Main difference is when you're moving files onto the microSD with the computer.

Recommend using cf_bench to test the speed of the card. I've heard that some Class 2's perform better than class 6's, depending on manufacturer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly