muuh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!
I installed freemcboot for my PS2 Slim a few days ago and played We love Katamari with it. Everything worked fine.

But then I tried out Chulip. I could play it until the first day was over. When there was a black loading screen the game froze. I thought it might be because I had to patch it from CD to DVD and because the game's NTSC on my PAL Console.

But today I tried out MGS2:Substance and again, everything works fine until I get to a certain door, where the Game just freezes.

What could be the problem? Do I have bad Dumps? Is my Lazer breaking? Did something go wrong patching the games for ESR? Are they even compatible?

I would appreciate any help.

muuh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was just able to get past the freezing point playing Chulip from an USB-Stick with Open PS2 Loader. So what does that mean?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
muuh said:
I was just able to get past the freezing point playing Chulip from an USB-Stick with Open PS2 Loader. So what does that mean?

This means your .iso is fine, it's a problem with ESR or your burn. The ESR patching is just writing the info that the .iso is a video dvd, this makes the ps2 not refuse to read from the disc. If there was a problem with the ESR patching, then the game wouldn't boot at all.

Either those games are not ESR compatible, or you have bad burns. Which brand and speed did you use?

And don't mix up Free McBoot and ESR, they are both totally different things.

muuh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used Verbatim DVD-R (The white, printable ones) and burned them with 4x in Alcohol 120%.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those are good quality media but it sounds like a burn problem? or bad image but it works on usb so it shouldn't be bad. maybe it was just a game glich?

muuh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wtfisausername said:
those are good quality media but it sounds like a burn problem? or bad image but it works on usb so it shouldn't be bad. maybe it was just a game glich?
It can't be a game glitch, because I can repeat it again and again. Whenever I go through that door in MGS2, the game freezes at the loading screen. The same goes for Chulip, I can't load anything past the first day.

I'm thinking that I maybe got fake Verbatim discs, because they were so cheap...

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
muuh said:
It can't be a game glitch, because I can repeat it again and again. Whenever I go through that door in MGS2, the game freezes at the loading screen. The same goes for Chulip, I can't load anything past the first day.

I'm thinking that I maybe got fake Verbatim discs, because they were so cheap...

check the media ID of the disc if you think they may be fake. Normally I use IMgburn and it tells you, but there are many programs

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, i just google a litte. MGS2:Substance seems to be a DL game and DL games might require some additional patching when running them via ESR. So maybe the problem with that one is that it can't read the 2nd layer, which could perfectly explain your issue. I didn't look further into this, like if the game is supposed to work with ESR or not.

You did choose 2 "good" games for testing though, 1 CD->DVD and 1 DL DVD game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up