PS1/2 free mcboot

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, does this work with .irx files? if so, done in the same method? All the 100+ PS2 games seems not to have a .elf file in them. i cant' find it on any of them at least.

impur1ty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are elf files on various demo discs containing multiple games. But I still haven't got this method to work yet.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been trying demo disks with this method aswell as the PS2 games that I have left don't have any.elf files in them
dry.gif
I still haven't got this method to work yet though which is kinda annoying.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
y'know what bugs me I have the usb stick for that but I can't find the disk for it anywhere
mad.gif
I've searched every inch of the house and still can't find it

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cog swap is old more compatible but also more complicated, ESR needs no swapping but iso's must be patched to play them and it's slightly less compatible but i recommend it over cog swap because you don't need a original disc to boot the game.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mainly want this so I can get FMCB installed on my Japanese PS2. For some reason when I try to install a multi-boot version on my NTSC-U console, I always get an error near the end and could never get Multi-Boot version of FMCB installed...so basically I need another memory card for my JAP console and in order to do that, I need to boot up uLoader.

If someone knows why I might be having trouble installing multi-boot version of FMCB and have 1 to 1 files that you used (from flash drive), i woudl appriciate it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
djricekcn said:
I mainly want this so I can get FMCB installed on my Japanese PS2. For some reason when I try to install a multi-boot version on my NTSC-U console, I always get an error near the end and could never get Multi-Boot version of FMCB installed...so basically I need another memory card for my JAP console and in order to do that, I need to boot up uLoader.

If someone knows why I might be having trouble installing multi-boot version of FMCB and have 1 to 1 files that you used (from flash drive), i woudl appriciate it.

Multi Boot is for different versions of the console (i.e Slim and Chubby). You can't cross regions with a FMCB MC so if you use a US console for the install then that MC will only work on US consoles and not JAP or PAL PS2's.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this method works done it today with 007 Agent Under Fire just stripped my old fat ps2 down and did a manual swap with a disk followed the tutorial in the link works a charm just swapping the disks is a bit of a hassle but only have to do it once

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just got my 007 disc from goozex today and gave this a try.Worked on the first try i followed the guide to a T and it worked perfectly.My memory card didn't have enough free space to install it but after deleting everything i didn't need anymore i know have the noobie package installed to the memory card.Tested ESR with a backup of sonic mega collection and it works great.

It to me longer to get the level 2 in the game then anything.I played through it once and got to level 2 then quit the game to restart the ps2 so i could do the swap and what do you know it didnt save my game at all so i had to do it all over again and the tape i put on the inside of the ps2 to hold down the sensor came off after this as well so i had to take the whole thing apart to put some better tape on it.

If it wasn't for that and the game not saving the first time i would have saved a lot of time.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Call me crazy and I know there's the "you can do it" factor, but if you're going to load free mcboot why not just throw in a Swap Magic elf?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill