fraud or not?

acrocosm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
please read the following email and give me your thoughts about it. I'm pretty much sure it is a fraud but I would like to hear other opinions too. This was the reply to an email for a typist/data entrist position. The ad was found in facebook. In case you are also wandering there was no mention of the company's name nowhere to be found.

QUOTE said:
Hi Mr.***,

You seem like an excellent candidate for this position, and I hope that I hear from you again so I can get you STARTED right away! A Data Entry Processor/Home Typist position requires that you have a reliable computer with constant Internet access and capabilities, a valid E-mail account, basic Internet knowledge, and minimal typing skills.

You must also be able to conduct yourself in a professional manner. This includes having excellent grammar and spelling when communicating with clients via E-mail.

In addition to the above requirements, you MUST be able to follow instructions closely and completely! You will do all contact via E-mail, so you will not be required to call anyone at anytime. This allows you to work whichever hours are most convenient for you (days, night, or weekends). You will be processing applications, as well as filling out forms in specific company databases (this tends to be tedious at times, so please be sure that you have the patience to do so before proceeding).

This is why you will need to have basic Internet knowledge, though the training provided will give you step-by-step instructions on how to perform these tasks properly.

There are no "down-times" with this position, so you will have a constant flow of work to complete. THIS IS NOT A GET RICH QUICK SCHEME, so if that is what you are looking for please do not pursue this opportunity.

You will be paid £10.00 [1] ($18.80, €14.72) for each application completed.

The amount of money you make each week is entirely up to you, and how much time and effort you are willing to put in with this position.

ÞÂ Â The average person makes £250.00 ($470.06, €368.04) - £500.00 ($940.120, €736.084)each week

When you have been accepted as a Data Entry Clerk/Home Typist, you are considered an Independent Contractor. This means that your taxes will not be taken out; therefore, you will not be provided with any tax forms. THIS IS ENTIRELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. The training provided will go more information about what to do with your taxes.

You will receive your pay through PayPal or whichever online payment portal you choose. When an application is completed, £10.00 ($18.80, €14.72) will be credited to your PayPal account, which can be withdrawn into your bank account at your leisure.

You can read about the security policies at www.paypal.com.

There is a one-time non-refundable fee for the training package, £9.99 ($18.78, €14.71).

This includes all processing fees and training costs.

We must accept this fee to cover training costs, processing fees, as well as to ensure that only serious applicants apply. This is a non-refundable fee, so be sure that you understand what you are doing before sending in your payment for the training materials.

This fee will not be waived for anyone, and cannot be deducted from your first pay. This is because if you do not process applications, you will not have a first pay, and we will have already taken the time to set you up, and train you.

You will need a word processing program in order to perform this position successfully (MS Word, Works, Notepad, etc.)

Most applicants typically complete the training within 24 hours or less. However, you can do this at your leisure. Keep in mind that the sooner you go through the training materials, the sooner you will START earning money.

I will be able to be contacted via E-mail at anytime after you have received your training materials to help you, or answer any questions you may have.

If you are serious about this position, meet all the requirements, and are responsible enough to work from home, then please contact me via E-mail and I will inform you of the cost of the training packet, and how to set up a PayPal account to send the fee (if you do not already have an account). If you are still serious, and are willing to put forth some time and effort, then please send a blank email to the address below with the word 'PAYMENT' in the subject box. I will then send you instructions on how to pay your one time fee after which you will be emailed your training materials and can start work immediately.

Sincerely,

Amz Basty
Human Resources
EMAIL: [email protected]

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have to say it's very fishy, because of that 9.99 payment, and that "don't call anytime at anytime"
Ask them for a more detailed info like how you can be assured of payments, what to do if payment not received and etc.

acrocosm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have already send a reply but they haven't get back to me yet. it's been 2 days now. I was wandering if it was my writing style and content of the email or if it is actualy a fraud

i send them that ---->

QUOTE said:
Dear Amz,

Enquiring to the requirements of the position, I have quite good knowledge in computers and excellent in specific areas, internet included. I have a cable connection, so it is always on. The fact that I will be contacting people through email and never by phone sounds ideal. I have no problems following orders, if it is a job that I have willingly accepted it is provided that I have to, I am quite responsible person. Also, I am looking for a proper job or income support and never hunt "get rich quick" schemes as they are either con schemes or actual "get rich quick" but only for the people organizing them, the rest just lick the puny left over. In either case I am just not interested.

However, there were a quite a few point on your email that made me a bit skeptical about the whole thing and the way it was written, with all due respect, it does resemble to me from many aspects such a scheme. I would like to have answers to a few questions before proceeding with it. I wish it is just my wary nature, in which case I am sure that you understand my skepticism and you would not mind giving me some answers. If you do get into the trouble to reply me and this DOES prove to be a honest part time job I will also explain you the reasons that made me think that way and perhaps help you deal with others that might think like me in the future but NOT before that.

First of all I would like to know the name of the company/organization I will be working for. You are the human resources manager of ........? I would also like to know what kind of company is that, what kind of applications/forms I would be filling, and for what reasons I will be contacting clients/possible client. Also, from what I made out there would be not physical training or contact with anyone from the company. This will be done through written material send by email right? In this case I do not really see any training fees required, except if the person who wrote it takes royalty fees which sound pretty unreasonable to me. Also, although I understand a need to recruit serious people I do not think that only by paying someone become serious about it. Plus I do not see a big harm even if you send a form/application that does not actually gets filled, after all the payment is send after completion of a given task. Except if you deal with confidential data in which case I do not think that random people that pay £9.99 qualify as trustworthy enough to handle such material.

Please answer me as many of my questions as you can and give me a good enough reason for not answering the rest. I will definatelly procces with the application afterwards as it sound like a good opportunity for an extra income. However, failling to do so without a reasonable excuse I will automatically consider this as a con scheme and try to warn as many as I can. If this is what it is actually intended to be, then I sincerely apology for taking away some of your undoubtedly valuable time. In any other case it does not matter.

Regards,

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah sure sounds like one of those "work from home" schemes, where they just sucker you into paying them money.
unsure.gif

I would be very sceptical of any "job" that requires you to pay up front, before you make any money.
unsure.gif

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it makes business sense, a lot of the people who apply for one of these jobs aren't willing, and don't, see it through. A small fee is a good way to weed out those people before they waste any of your time

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
If you can get some real contact info to cross-check, with whatever you Brits have like the Better Business Bureau, it'd sound better. But, with a gmail account, generic title "Human Resources", I don't hold out hope for anything.

The bit about sending an empty reply to receive instructions means it's likely just some automated email script running. It sounds like they'll take your money, but don't bother them with any real questions.

acrocosm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you can get some real contact info to cross-check, with whatever you Brits have like the Better Business Bureau, it'd sound better. But, with a gmail account, generic title "Human Resources", I don't hold out hope for anything.

The bit about sending an empty reply to receive instructions means it's likely just some automated email script running. It sounds like they'll take your money, but don't bother them with any real questions.

i thought it was an automated reply so i made a new gmail account and did excactly what she (?) asked for but i have not got a reply to that either
wacko.gif

btw i'm not british

ZzzZilla

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
" THIS IS NOT A GET RICH QUICK SCHEME"

Quote, unquote.

The Chinese have a proverb for this, "Ci di wu yin san bai liang", that translates as "There is no money buried here".

I seriously doubt a legitimate company would bother to have to assure you that they are not a scam, or even not be bothered to set up a proper website to operate and provide information from (as opposed to using googlemail)

And the job scope? Either the client companies does not have the proper manpower to do said tasks, or this company looking to hire you are Net-based outsourcers.

Just be careful, kays?

acrocosm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
what bothered me the most was that part near the end -> "I will be able to be contacted via E-mail at anytime after you have received your training materials to help you, or answer any questions you may have."

it could be rephrases as "pay me, then you can contact me for questions. nothing before that"
huh.gif

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know why you even bother with this, acrocosm.

If you have even the slightest doubt, just stay away.

Just for your information, even telemarketing companies (the lowest form of life?
laugh.gif
) have PAID training. They pay you, never the other way around. And as someone smart said earlier, a person meaning business and not scam would not have the need to justify themselves saying "this is no get-rich-quick scheme".

Quite simply put she/he wants to milk 10 sterlings out of you.

acrocosm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't know why you even bother with this, acrocosm.

If you have even the slightest doubt, just stay away.

Just for your information, even telemarketing companies (the lowest form of life?
laugh.gif
) have PAID training. They pay you, never the other way around. And as someone smart said earlier, a person meaning business and not scam would not have the need to justify themselves saying "this is no get-rich-quick scheme".

Quite simply put she/he wants to milk 10 sterlings out of you.

initially i thought it would a proper side job reading the ad. But after receiving that email i knew most likely it was a scum. however I just couldn't resist mailing them after receiving it. plus as I said to them i will let as many people as posible know about it and this is a nice place to do so with all those users
cool.gif

still no reply btw and i found excacly the same ad again but with a different email and send a new request for job to that one too from a new email account. Some Antony Brah asked them for a job
wink.gif

I was curious to see what kind of email i would receive sending that blank that she/he suggested with PAYMENT as title. no reply to that either...

[email protected]

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow dodgy :S Can you report them to the job ad's site? (by the advert text I mean, I'm aware that their company details keep changing)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m